IObit are at it again!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by roger_m, Jul 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Wow, just wow. I cant even express this in words.

IIRC there were alot of people here who said oh they just "borrowed" MBAMs signature database and there was no real evidence. And now this with the google cache of your deleted post. They just make themselves look more shady each and every time they create a "new" old program for themselves.

Like I said when they stole MBAMs database. I will NEVER use an IOBit product again. Its a shame to because IOBit 360 was a nice program which is what got me started using them to begin with. What a coincidence it was the same program at the same time the MBAM issue was surfacing.

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

3. Technical

Technical Registered Member

Not an iObit product in my computer anymore.

4. IObit

IObit Registered Member

IObit Official Statement

Hi all,

I’m Jessie who is handling public relations in IObit. I appreciate your attention to our latest free software, IObit Toolbox, which is still in beta. We appreciate any form of feedback regarding our software, good or bad. We have no problems with that, because all these help us to build better products, but we can't tolerate intentional slanders either.

For this issue, I officially claim we have not copied anything from TuneUp Utilities, neither functionalities nor the design. Many of these tools have already been a part of Advanced SystemCare since 2006, and all of them are developed by our company independently. Of course, there might be some similarities in the GUI and wording, because both the products use the " Office Style” and step-by-step Guide window. it's difficult to make the interface, product name and description different when the differents software have similar functions. IObit Toolbox is a suite of 26 tools but only a few ones have the similar looking.

However, since this has already become a concern for some users, we are open to make changes to the design and wording to reduce the similarities. Feel free to contact directly press@iobit.com

5. roger_m

Re: IObit Official Statement

You are mistaken, according to one of Tim Xue's posts to me at your forum: "The truth is that some developers are not familiar with English, so they just used some word and sentence from Tuneup, and our project manager didn't notice that."

Perhaps, you should get your story straight before posting here.

6. roger_m

Makers of other utility suites seem to have no problem at all in making products with a different user interface to TuneUp. Even your own company was able to do this with Advanced Windows/SystemCare.

In my opinion it would be better doing all you can do come up with a new release of IObit Toolbox with a different design, rather than desperately trying to defend your company's actions.

For the record, as I have stated at the IObit forums, the only problem I have with IObit Toolbox is the copied wording and user interfaces. If these were to be changed, I would have no issue at all with it.

7. whitedragon551

How many times have you used that line?

8. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I really don't think this thread would exist if they hadn't pulled the MBAM stunt. Really, you could post screen shots of just about any other utilities suite and they would look similar. I really think there are more important things going on in the world to complain about than to get outraged because yet one more company is making another me too set of useless PC utilities.

9. whitedragon551

Your exactly right. If they wouldnt have stolen MBAM's database we probably wouldnt think that they stole TUU interface.

10. Doraemon

Doraemon Registered Member

I'm not defending IObit with this post but have you ever put WinUtilities side by side with Glary Utilities? o_O o_O o_O If not, do it and tell me what you think! *puppy*

Also I have a question for IObit poster. What's the need of a Utilities-like app when you already have Advanced System Care? Isn't that doubling the product or overlapping functions? o_O :gack:

11. itsbroken

itsbroken Registered Member

Iobit Iobit what will u do next,
    I used your software once , but not any more ,
    Iobit acts like a child caught with its hand in the cookie jar , ( I did not do it wasn't me)
    I used their software and was a member of their form , then the malware bites thing happened , i defended Iobit , fought in their defense, when i did ask too many Questions i was shot down and ran over by the mods, I protested i wanted to know the answers to my Questions, and was banned and my posts deleted , then iobit dose what it dose best cover up the mess and moves on,
    for a company so useto damage control u you think they would make a image backup app , now i wounder who they could steal oops borrow that from lol

Not an iObit product in my computer anymore. and it they bought Microsoft i would go to unix ,

12. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

All about trust.

13. roger_m

This is something complete different, but certainly with their past history it gives even less reason to trust IObit.

Yes, in some cases there will be similarities. However this is something different as it more than just a similarity - IObit have very clearly copied the user interface and wording from TuneUp.

14. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

I am not saying it has been copied (I don't know even know what the legal definition of what the definition of a copy is and what is'nt), but having looked at the screenshots the "Disk Doctor" and "Tuneup Disk Doctor" windows have many areas that are identical, the other screenshots do share elements of similarity, but no more so than I have seen between certain areas of other competing software products (e.g. the common block map used on a lot of defragmentation tools).

If you follow the MS GUI design guidelines and use common APIs and toolsets to develop UIs there are only limited ways to construction simple screens so that chances of similarities are high.

15. luffy

luffy Registered Member

I will stay away from IObit till 2012 (if I'm still alive, I will give it a try).

16. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

:D :D :D ROFL :D :D :D

As for the topic , I don't see anything bad here . They all copy from each other . Sometimes it is just more obvious than it should be but they all steal from each other , they steal ideas. Isn't Facebook also a stolen idea ?

17. whitedragon551

Isnt it funny how the guy posting for IOBit got called out and doesnt respond here anymore? I find that ironic to say the least. Definitely seems fishy in my books.

18. korben

korben Registered Member

Iobit? Never.

19. Technical

Technical Registered Member

No iObit in my computers anymore.
    Lost credibility.
    Second bad movement... We don't need more evidence.

20. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

21. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

:thumb::thumb: :thumb:

After MBAM, TuneUp Utilities, and what's next?
    IObit continues on the same slippery path...:thumbd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.