Iobit Advanced SystemCare For 1 Year free

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ViVek, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

Iobit Advanced SystemCare For 1 Year
    LINK

2. Fly

Fly Registered Member

I just want to mention the recent Iobit/MBAM scandal, for those who are unaware of it.

I wouldn't want any Iobit product. I investigated the link (with some security precautions, possibly other people will see a different redirect). After checking 'I accept the terms of agreement. Read details>>' I was redirected to
    http://www.iobit.com/security360.html ,the Iobit security product.

I'm not sure what to make of it. You have to install that too ?
    Just a warning. If you don't know about the Iobit/MBAM conflict I recommend using the 'search' function on this forum.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  3. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Quoted for truth.

I had IOBit 360. 2 copies one for my laptop and 1 for my wifes. After reading the IObit theft thread I have since removed all IOBit products from my household.

4. falkor

falkor Registered Member

Here we go again . For those that like IOBIT , thanks lunatic . I do not use it but , sheesh . Any chance to down these guys , people jump on it REGARDLESS of whether or not it has anything to do with the opening post . Unreal .:rolleyes:

5. whitedragon551

Wilders is supposed to be for this sort of security info. If IOBit didnt want this posted all over the net then they shouldnt have stolen MBAMs database. Its that simple.

6. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Very true!
    I'm sure that Iobit would prefer that this all be forgotten. Fat chance!

And if anyone wants a decent free system tools program, check out Winutilities.

http://www.ylcomputing.com/content/view/327/135/

7. whitedragon551

8. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

I've used Iobit Advanced SystemCare Pro for about a year now. It's a good overall system maintenance and cleaner utility, but the main reason I adopted it as one of my daily utilities was its excellent registry cleaner. At least a year ago I couldn't find any freeware alternatives* that safely removed as much crap from the registry. More recently, however, I came across Evonsoft's Advanced System Restore 2.0, which looks (and sounds) suspiciously similar to Advanced SystemCare Pro, but the former is free.

Another function I really like in Advanced SystemCare is their System Optimizer which changes your system service startup types (Auto/Manual/Disabled) and some registry settings to the kind of values most windows tweak guides would suggest. I don't use IObit's defrag tool, but some people may find its auto-defrag features helpful. The trash and privacy cleaning features are all good; fast and don't clean too much. It also includes a bunch of other utilities that I rarely use, but you may find something there you like.

*Argente Registry Cleaner 1.5.5.2 (or their utilities in Spanish only) and Free Windows Registry Repair are also excellent and free, but they remove slightly different entries than Advanced SystemCare.

9. the Tester

10. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

10x for the info mate , i just dont like this "all in 1" softwares :)

11. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    So which program did Iobit rip off to make relabel as Advanced SystemCare?

12. whitedragon551

Well it incorporates their anti-malware scanning engine which they stole from MBAM. Also looks extremely similar to WinASOs all in one utility.

13. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

not supporting IObit but Advanced Systemcare had malware scanning abilities LONG ago, not something recent... and the product as a whole has been around for quite a while so i cant really see how they culd steal something wen it comes to this product.

14. whitedragon551

Firzen I have you ignored.

What makes you think they wouldnt steal for this antimalware scanner, but steal MBAMs property for IOBit 360 security? Its the same company so why would they develop 2 different scanners for 2 different products and yet steal 1 of them from another company? Your logic here is flawed big time.

15. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

my only point was they had a scanner in Advanced systemcare before IObit 360 was even around, i said nothing of 360, and they stole their signatures, not their engine, the engine and the signature are diff things. thers no need to get worked up, mellow out a bit bud.

either way, the sigs our gone now and thers nothing that led to the idea that Advanced Systemcare is a "stolen" technology from other system utilities, unless u seem to know better.

so basically, i wuldnt use it anyways cuz i dont like it, but thers no proof that Advanced Systemcare is a stolen tech product and no info that even hints on that. IObit stole the sigs from MBAM, put it into 360 and probably systemcare, but the scanner isnt the main function of this product, im sure the rest of it works fine.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  16. the Tester

I'm not suggesting that they did.
    I am referring to IObit as a company that stole from MalWare Bits.
    Why would I trust a company like that for any software?
    Particularly when it can be argued that another freeware program is as good or better?

17. falkor

falkor Registered Member

firzen is correct . And I decided to try this " newer " version . I like it . Runs light . Seems good enough . Me likes it:cool:

18. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Lol people never forgives :D
    Relax mate, i may try it :)

19. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Very true, many company's have used other company's code and we still use them :cool:

20. whitedragon551

Yea, but did they try to outright deny the blatant fact?

21. PC__Gamer

PC__Gamer Registered Member

they did deny it many times in their forums, and said there was no proof.

they also said, if it was true, it was done un-intentionally from some of their suppliers of signatures/threats.

personally, i doubt it was intentional, but you never know these days.

unless there is hard proof of them stealing them, maybe not the wisest thing to jump ship with them 'just yet'

innocent, until proven guilty.

sure, its easy to say the signature names match, but there is no proof i dont think of them actually stealing them.

22. falkor

falkor Registered Member

Lol . And it continues ............:D

23. whitedragon551

Have you failed to read the proof?

MBAM specifically created a fake file that NOBODY else but them had. They added it to their own database and then all of a sudden IOBit detects this fake file thats never been released to public? IOBit is a bunch of thieves. I wouldnt touch their software.

24. PC__Gamer

PC__Gamer Registered Member

woahhh dont have a go at me, you asked if they had denied it. :p

I understand the situation WD, but im saying what if its not iobit but the people they 'hire?' to help bring in samples/signatures, iobit as a company might not be at fault.

might...

25. whitedragon551

No I was referring to the other companies that Ibrad is referring to. He said we use plent of other programs that share codes, but how many of those companies that he is referring to have been caught and proven of stealing.

Even if IOBit hired someone that stole them they should be making sure and double checking signatures. Thats like hiring a hit man. I want to kill someone so I go pay a hitman. Oh it wasnt me. It was the hitman I hired. Im clean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.