IOBit 360 free / AntiMalware Realtime ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by gambla, Apr 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gambla

gambla Registered Member

Hi,
    who uses it and what's your opinion ? Older topics haven't been usefull.

thanks

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I wouldn't trust a company that steals the database of other products.

3. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Wow, I honestly don't understand you adults these days. I see many of you Wilders guys comparing AVs to real life situations and things like that, but don't use this logic when Iobit is spoken of. :gack:

If you were to steal something, wouldn't you eventually want others to forgive you? You would work to regain their trust, correct? But just because Iobit is a company doesn't change anything. We are human and we all make mistakes, yes? Though you can't blame the entire company. There might have been support employees or forum moderator volunteers that are not to blame. :doubt:

Not saying it is their fault, because I believe it isn't (comparing the research I did). Malwarebytes could have handled the problem more maturely, and maybe "work" with Iobit to solve the problem without causing such a stir. :cautious:

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

So you don't think IOBit is at fault for their theft? What research have you done to reach such a conclusion?

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Do you expect a thief to be forgiven and trusted even when he neither accepts his crime, nor asks for an appology?

I am rather surprised of the people who ask same and same question again in spite of knowing the past record of a company.

6. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

I read info on the COMODO forum, Iobit forum, random articles, etc. Though I think they apologized for this and that (on their forum there is an announcement about it). They didn't apologize to Malwarebytes, of course. But why should they? Because Malwarebytes made accusations and provided little evidence, but didn't apologize for the way they handled it?

@ aigle No. What would be the point of forgiveness then?

7. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

The IOBit & MBAM topic has been discussed in several other threads and there is no need to go there again. Let's keep on topic.

Member gambla asked a question: who uses it and what's your opinion ? If you are a IOBit 360 user, do post your opinion.

8. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I recently used IOBit AM for ~ 1 week. It's light, easy to understand & use. AFAIK, its detection has yet to be measured by a competent outfit.

Me? ALWAYS On Topic ;).

9. gery

gery Registered Member

i have used it occasionally and it is safe and simple. The only problem i have ias the lack of testing of this software. I know a little how SAS and MBAM do and their ability to deal with malware but have no idea of what IOBit does.

10. RJK3

RJK3 Registered Member

I found that it didn't really do anything that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware doesn't do faster.

Seemed like a duplication of effort really, so got rid of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.