Invisible Secrets 4

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Ptah, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ptah

Ptah Registered Member

Has anyone tried this program? I have cryptosuite now and just wanted to compare programs. Sorry for the spelling error it shoud be Invisible thanks

2. Ptah

Ptah Registered Member

Has anyone had any experience with Invisible Secrets 4 software. From reading posts here everyone recommends Truecrpyt and Axcrpyt for encrpytion programs. I would like to know how does this program compare, good or bad. The last thing I want to do is trial a dude software and have it mess up my rig!

3. aka:snowman

aka:snowman Former Poster

Invisible Secrets 4

See: http://www.invisiblesecrets.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

After reviewing their website I left not really impressed by their product.

When it comes to encryption one must ask himself/herself if there is possibly a "back-door"........(this is not at all saying that Invisible Secrets 4 has one...an should NOT be taken that way)

Open Source software such as Truecrypt and Axcrypt has proven to be worthy of trusting......which is something that not all software can say these days........

Invisible Secrets 4 has a Steganography feature..........that.. imo.. is not a good feature..........others may disagree...

It also has a Virtual Keyboard...an brags of stoping keyloggers....but fails to mention anything about how the use of a MOUSE can be recorded.......(perhaps because the product does not block that)

Enough said......you can judge for yourself..........review Truecrypt again......an consider it well

" Deliberately have not touched on the subject of the encryption used by Invisible Secrets 4 ".......

4. Ptah

Ptah Registered Member

Thank you for insight, I will decided between Truecrpyt and Axcrpyt. It is to bad about Invisible 4, the gui is nice.

5. Ptah

Ptah Registered Member

Snowman I know you did not comment on the IS4 encryption method but please do not hold back this is all new for me so any words of wisdom from this forum members is most welcome.

6. securityx

securityx Registered Member

Actually, it is not IS4, it is RC4, a strong stream cipher. However, how is it implemented? That's always the question with commercial, closed-source products. This is a crucial question in encryption products. A program can use strong and well-respected algorithms, but implement them in such a way that it renders the "encrypted" material useless for security. I like the new open-source products like TrueCrypt and Axcrypt. They are peer reviewed and are actually safer than many commercial/enterprise apps available at huge cost. However, open-source is very threatening to these companies who survive off selling "protection" to the enterprise market. Some programs, costing thousands of dollars for 50 seats, have been proven to be worthless. Yet, Truecrypt is free and is proven secure by the simple fact that it is open for scrutiny, a person with the ability to check it line by line may do so. Then of course, the question is, who among them can you trust?

7. Ptah

Ptah Registered Member

Thanks Securityx, what I meant by IS4 was there product abbrev, but I hope we can continue to have an open conversation about this product and any others that may be viable for customer usage. I think it is very important that the correct products are talked about so the casual person will not feel intimadated by it. Encryption is a new thing for me and the only place I look for information is here in this forum.

8. aka:snowman

aka:snowman Former Poster

9. securityx

securityx Registered Member

Yes, reading the post again, I see that it was the product abbreviation. Sorry for the misunderstanding. However, everything I wrote regarding the commercial aspects of Invisible Secrets is still true. Since the advent of open-source encryption applications, there is no reason to have to trust a closed-source commercial product. Truecrypt is hard to beat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.