Invalid user name or password

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by writedom, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. writedom

writedom Registered Member

I just downloaded the latest TI 10 Home version. If I create a backup task that backs up to a network drive that is not set to start automatically, the backup works fine. However, if I take the same task which works fine and schedule it to run I get an "invalid username or password" error.

For what it's worth I tried with a mapped drive and by providing the full path but it still didn't work.

Does anyone know why?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello writedom,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please try entering a full network path and waiting a bit until username and password are asked.

The explanation to the fact that sometimes Acronis True Image doesn't work with mapped drives can be found at this FAQ entry.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. Elvandil

Elvandil Registered Member

Unfortunately, this problem isn't occurring only with network drives.

According to the ATI 10.0.4942 logs, all backups have failed with the same error (invalid user name or password) since around the beginning of September on Vista Ultimate machines. I've spent hours on this problem so far, and all I can determine that has changed during that period is a few automatic updates that seem unrelated to this problem.

We use external drives (USB) for backups, and the error keeps recurring,
    "User name or password for the remote resource X:\AcronisC\BackupC.tib is incorrect."

Help!! I can't do these every week by hand!

I have reinstalled ATI and checked all services, to no avail. Other scheduled tasks are running without problems.

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Are you saying that the backups were working successfully for a period of time on the Vista Ultimate machines and just recently started to fail?

Are there other Vista or XP machines that are still backing up successfully? Are they running the same build of TI 10?

You said you just downloaded the newest TI 10 Home. Did you upgrade TI on the Vista Ultimate machines?

If you did update TI on the Vista Ultimate machines did you delete and recreate the scheduled backup job?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.