Invalid System Disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Bro_Soft, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bro_Soft

Bro_Soft Registered Member

Trying to check things out, I made a Image of my C Drive. No apparent problems. Then, I wanted to check out the restore operation. I tried to restore my C Drive with the image I just made. TrueImage goes into a reboot, expected but,,,,

Now I get: "Invalid System Disk" everytime I reboot the system. Bobby

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bro_Soft,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please let us know the build number of the product, which you can find in the Help -> About dialog (it should be a 3 or 4 digit number)?

Please explain your step-by-step actions which you took that led you to this issue.

In order to solve this issue please repair the MBR (Master Boot Record) of the hard disk using one of the following methods:

Windows 95/98/Me – boot from Startup Disk (floppy) and run "fdisk /mbr" command;

Windows 2000/XP/2003 – boot from Installation Disc (CD) into Recovery Console and run "fixmbr" command.

If you experience problems using the above solution, then please use the special Acronis utilities for this purpose

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.