Invalid Partition Table, Acronis screwed up my hard drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by colin59, Nov 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

"don't do Differentials, Incrementals, use the Secure Zone, or Schedule Automatic backups, so I don't see it necessary to even have the software installed on my computer."

Hey, that's my line ... :D :D . You forgot "writing directly to DVD".

I'm with you there all the way.

2. bcool2

bcool2 Registered Member

Sounds like a great approach! Thanks.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello colin59,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please be aware that in order to investigate this issue thoroughly and find you the reason for Acronis True Image 10.0 Home reports the archive file corruption we will need some additional information, so could you please perform the following, if you have time for this of course.

- Did you use Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue Media or did you use Acronis True Image in Windows to create the image archive?

- Did you validate the image archive right before the restoration? If so what was the results?

Please also do the following:

- Create a new image archive when Acronis True Image 10.0 Home (build 4871) is running from under Windows and then validate this image when Acronis True Image 10.0 Home is running from under Windows and when your PC is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the build 4871 of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. Let us know the results;

- Create a new image archive when your PC is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the build 4871 of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home and then validate this image both when Acronis True Image 10.0 Home is running from under Windows and when your PC is booted from Acronis True Image 10.0 Home Bootable Rescue CD. Let us know the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

4. Acronis Support

Hello dbessis,

I would agree with bVolk, please have a look at this article by Microsoft regarding ability of booting Windows XP from the USB devices. I would also recommend that you have a look at this previous thread describing the basic procedure for restoring/cloning the system to a different hardware. This thread could also be useful.

Please also take a look at this previous thread containing the more detailed information on how to transfer your operating system from a single hard drive to a RAID array.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. Acronis Support

Hello jomajh,

Could you please clarify what do you mean by "D" was backed up as "K" and "C" backed up as "L"? Please describe the actions you took to back up your system step-by-step.

Please explain your step-by-step actions which you took to restore the image archive. Did you use Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue Media or did you use Acronis True Image in Windows to restore the data from the image archive?

Could you also please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.