"invalid partition size" - ATI Echo Server for Linux

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ibs, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibs

ibs Registered Member

I'm evaluating a backup software for our company. I found out about Acronis good reviews. So, I downloaded and installed Acronis True Image Echo Server for Linux (trial version). OS is RedHat Enterprise Linux Advanced Server v.2.1. Installation was okay. Backup of folder to ftp site works fine(via console). I tried disk cloning but it doesn't work. I also tried creating an image of one partition - I got the error:"invalid partition size." I tried to uninstall and reinstall the software but I got the same error. Since last week, I sent emails to acronis support (I received email confirmation though) but to no avail, nobody answer my queries. I spent hours trying to make this software work. Seeking for solutions, I came across this site, reading some of the posted thread here, its so disappointing that some users have the same problem. Is there concrete solution on this already?

Will somebody from Acronis please help/clarify this issue asap. Thanks in advance.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ibs,

Thank you for using Acronis Server Backup software.

We are really sorry for the inconvenience you are currently experiencing. Could you please tell me the number of your case in Acronis Customer Support Department? I'll check how it's investigated. You can find the number of your case in autoreply you received after submitting request.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

3. ibs

ibs Registered Member

Thanks Nikita for showing concern. This is my query #1475633 #1473928.

Here are my problems.
    1. I cannot run trueimage from a console. I clicked the acronis icon from the desktop but no screen shows. This is the command I issued thru the console:

# trueimage --safe
    /usr/lib/Acronis/TrueImageEchoServer/TrueImage:error while loading shared libraries:libXft.so.2: cannot shared object file: no such file or directory.
    - I check the file is not really existing. So, I uninstall Acronis and Install again. Still I get the same error. How can I have this file?

2. I cannot clone hard disk.
    - I have 2 hard disk(hdd) in my box, the 1st hdd is the source and the 2nd hdd is the target. The 2nd hdd is newly formatted (nothing in it). This is the command I issued thru the console:

# trueimagecmd --clone --harddisk:1 --target_harddisk:2
    Failed to lock disk 1

- What is wrong with this?
    I read the manual, in chapter 12 (Console mode) - it says "The trueimagecmd functionality is somewhat limited as compared to the GUI mode. Trueimagecmd does not support operations that requiree reboot of the system, such as restore a system partition or clone system drive". Is this the reason why cloning doesn't work? If it is, then I'm back to my problem #1.

Please advise asap. I have deadline (14 May) which backup and cloning software for Linux to recommend. Hoping for your immediate solution on the problems stated above so that I can recommend your product. Thanks in advance.

4. ibs

ibs Registered Member

Nikita,

I forgot to mention I installed Acronis TrueImage Server Echo for Linux in RedHat Enterprise Advanced Server 2.1 (which is supported by Acronise, right?).

5. ibs

ibs Registered Member

Can anyone please help. I had read some similar thread but I didn't get any concrete solutions from it.

Anyone who had the same problem and found the solution?

I'm still waiting solution from Acronis. Based on the posted threads here, these are problems (invalid partition size, Failed to lock disk 1) 3 years ago. Has anyone found a solution? Please advise. Thanks in advance.

6. Acronis Support

Hello ibs,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Server Disk Backup software.

We are really sorry for the delayed response.

LibXft.so.2 file is related to the X.Org X11 libXft runtime library which is probably not installed. So please check this and install it if it is not installed yet. This should fix the issue.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

7. ibs

ibs Registered Member

Thank you for the reply. I don't know where to look for the installer related to libXft.so.2, is this from Red Hat or from Acronis?

Aside from ATI Echo Server for Linux, I also installed ATI Enterprise Agent for Linux in the same box. I can connect my WinXP Pro box to this linux box running the agent. I can see the different partitions to choose when doing the backup remotely (from WInXP box). But when proceed button is press it hangs for eternity. I rebooted my linux box to get connection again, but the big problem now is my linux box won't boot properly. It won't mount devices, even if I manually mount all then reboot. Still the same problem. I think the backup thru remote connection did the damage. Now, I have to re-install my linux box. And another problem is - ATI trial version is expiring in a few days. I'm loosing hope that we can use ATI.

Please reply asap. Thanks.

8. Acronis Support

Hello ibs,

We are sorry for delayed response.

libXft.so.2 is a shared library needed by the X Window System. We may recommend you using a seach engine (for example, google) or looking on a Linux libraries website of your preference for it.

Regarding the trial time - if it expires before the problem can be solved, please mention that in your e-mail. You will be provided with a trial extention.

We also recommend you to download the Linux System Report utility available here and do the following to create the report:

- Unpack the archive: # tar xvf sysinfo.tar

- Make the script executable: # chmod +x sysinfo

- Run the executable: # ./sysinfo

Then please send the created report with your e-mail.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.