Invalid file size - Can't create any image anymore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by weazel, Aug 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weazel

weazel Registered Member

Hi,

after having worked with Acronis TI 8.0 for a while now today I have encountered a serious problem:

Whenever I try to create an image of my 4,84 GB main drive, I get the error message "E0007000F: Some of the selected partitions have the following error: Invalid file size".

I've tried to use various partitions for the image to be created on, the biggest of them havin over 17GB free space!

What is this and how can I create an image now? I'm completely without safety net now...

Any help appreciated!

weazel

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello weazel,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please download the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product.

Then if the problem remains please create Acronis Report (please see Acronis Help Post for the instructions) and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. weazel

weazel Registered Member

Ok, I spent all evening on this (I'm only on analogue modem so downloading the whole program is really....).

Now with 937 I was able to create an image, but there is a new problem I never had with the former versions:

I can't make a rescue CD. When I try Acronis TI says:

"Error burning the bootable CD-R/CD-RW)".

I did some research on this board so I'll provide the following information:

I work on Windows 98SE. It's a normal, new CD-R (not a DVD). Programs also installed for burning CDs are Nero & Feurio.

Will there be a fix for this problem?

Thnx,

weazel

4. Acronis Support

Hello weazel,

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Please, also try to use the next tips to solve your problems:
    - Eject any disc from the burner prior to starting the application;
    - Proceed until the program asks for a disc and opens the tray;
    - Insert a disc and then click the "Proceed" button to close the tray automatically as well.

If that doesn't help then we also recommend you to update third party CD writing software if any to the latest version available for free on its respective web site.

Please also note that you should use a blank unformatted CD-R or CD-RW in order to create a bootable rescue disc.

If the problem remains, please download, unpack and install the following file:

http://download.acronis.com/ul/x/y/j/s/jmpbsvyegdavwmucyqmj/TrueImage8.0_cdlog_s_en.zip

After this please run the program, reproduce the problem and send the cdrecord.log file created in the \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\CDRecord folder to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. weazel

weazel Registered Member

Hello,

thanks a lot for the help, but in the meantime I have switched back to Build 800 again.

I have removed a couple of files from my main drive to decrease the amout of data on it.
    This at least solved the invalid file size problem I first had and I was able to create an image now.

Oh and it was a new CD I had tried to burn in 937, in fact I had unpacked all of my sealed CD packs and tried one out of each. None worked.

Sorry I can't send a report now but I just wanted to get rid of this mess somehow.

But thanks for the great & individual support!!

Hopefully this problem will be solved in future builds.

Bye bye

weazel

6. Acronis Support

Hello weazel,

If you still want to switch to the build 937 then please do the following:

(0) Install build 937 of Acronis True Image 8.0;

(1) Check each partition of your hard drive by Windows utility;

Use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command "scandskw" and test all drives.

Please note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

It should solve the problem with the "Invalid file size" error message.

If that does not help then I strongly recommend you to create Acronis Report and send it to support@acronis.com. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

(2) Try to create Bootable Rescue CD when booted into Windows Safe Mode;

If that does not help then please send a letter containing the information about your purchase of Acronis True Image 8.0 (order number, e-mail, serial number, where did you purchase our product, etc.) to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will provide you with the ISO image of the Bootable Rescue CD (build 937), so you will be able to burn Bootable Rescue CD using almost any third party CD-writing software.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.