Introducing, The New Prevx Edge.

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by trjam, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrendanK.

BrendanK. Guest

This is for the trial not the fully licensed version:

Prevx Edge does detect malware in real-time but does not block it. It only notifies you.
    Prevx Edge detects malware during on-demand scans
    Prevx Edge never expires

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Aha, so it's more like a second opinion tool than system cleaning one. Unless you buy it of course. Thats not that bad i guess.

3. EraserHW

EraserHW Malware Expert

Prevx detects malware in real-time, but it won't block them, it just reports to the user that a malware has been detected in real time :)

4. BrendanK.

BrendanK. Guest

Well put it this way. If one of my security arsenal didn't pick up a virus in real-time from a suspicious program, and Prevx Edge did. I would like something that would be able to deal with it, because I know I am being infected, but removing it is another problem in it's self. So buying Prevx Edge is very worthwhile as it not only has found that their is something malicious, but it will also be able to remove it and keep me safe. If I bought it before the infection Prevx Edge would have even blocked it before I could get infected.

5. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

From my understanding, PrevxHelp mentioned he will return to the forum later on to let people know about the possibility of a 30 day trial (then if not purchased, program continues to work as detection only).

Currently the trial version is exactly the same as the full version, except for lack of block/removal.

6. EraserHW

EraserHW Malware Expert

Yes, we are talking about this :)

7. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

@EraserHW
    How does Prevx Edge react when you copy a malware on your PC? Does it jump right away or do you have to execute the malware first before it jumps up?

8. Criss

Criss Registered Member

anyone using it wif avira? i wan to try it wif avira.:D

9. BrendanK.

BrendanK. Guest

Yep, and Norton IS 2009, along with A2, PRSC. No problems with Avira or any of the others :)

10. Criss

Criss Registered Member

Wow that gd...got to try it now.:thumb:

11. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Bah. Useless. Doesn't even work under 64bit Vista.
    I hate it when 64bit users are treated like we're using some obscure version of unix or something... First ThreatFire, now Prevx Edge. What's next? :rolleyes:

12. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I tried it with so many I lost count. Funny thing, in most cases it wa Edge that alerts first.

13. EraserHW

EraserHW Malware Expert

It does work without any kind of incompatibilty :)

14. trjam

trjam Registered Member

why dont you take the time to ask. They said it was very close. Damn it kills me how people assume stuff. Geez RejZoR, they know the importance of 64 bit, and it is very soon. I agree with what you are saying, but just ask them before you think you in some obsure group of users.

15. EraserHW

EraserHW Malware Expert

Support for 64bit will be added during next weeks :)

I'm a 64bit user too ;) (on one of my PC)

16. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Assume? I'm waiting for 64bit ThreatFire since um was it around may 2008? And they keep on promising it and posponing it and now i'm sure even they don't know it. And then there was Symantec acquisition in between...

So i really hope 64bit version of Prevx will appear sooner than ThreatFire's...

17. Criss

Criss Registered Member

Do you mean that edge will warn 1st and only after we ans it thn other Av will warn u.

OR

u mean edge will warn 1st and the other av warning will come up shortly? o_O

18. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Edge will warn first, with some products. But the list it was tested with is very long.

RejZoR, I agree with your viewpoint, and Edge aint Threatfire. Give these folks a chance and you will see 64 bit offered very soon. I have yet to see them promise, offer, or say something they did not follow through on. I am pretty sure the other beta testers will say it also.

But I hear you and agree.

19. aieie

aieie Registered Member

grazie mille (many thanks)

:D
    I'll surely try it

20. EraserHW

EraserHW Malware Expert

You're welcome :) If you detect any kind incompatibility, just report it to me or PrevxHelp :)

btw: are you italian? :D

21. Tony

Tony Registered Member

I would like to know the answer to this also :)

22. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

RejZor and Tony, I'm no expert but I'll explain what I see. When programs are run for the first time, a small popup appears which shows prevx edge is 'authenticating files'. An infected program can be blocked and removed right then and there.

While at other times, and while I perform other tasks, it will actively scan the system (outside of a scheduled scan) and detect the malicious files (although already known to me). So it seems to always be 'alert' and 'scanning' for problem files.

23. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

In beta testing I found that some were detected as soon as the download finished before being executed, others were detected when I tried to run them. But, before or after, none were allowed to run.

24. trjam

trjam Registered Member

If you want to see how it works, go here

Everyone else did.

25. Tony

Tony Registered Member

Thanks for the answers :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.