Introducing AX64 Time Machine - hybrid imaging/snapshot software

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Isso, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

Exactly ...and I reported how I resolved this problem in posts 8364 and 8366, so I don't understand the aftermath about using uninstallers? :confused:

Cruise

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  2. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Jezzz....I was only trying to help. I related my experience. I could not completely uninstall AX64. Tried their un-installer, CCleaner and PrivaZer. Still had problems. Then ran Revo. It found a few things. I don't recall where they were or what they were. Not that interested at the time, but afterwards my PC was once again running as it should. Needless to say, I was pleased. So......

3. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Best of luck on this program with all sincerity but when ISSO first announced that a merger had been drawed up & made, the handwriting was already on the wall IMO for my systems thereafter. Issue after issue and long long delays for me is the same old same old and I have moved on although I continue to use ISSO's version on some of my machines.

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

There hasn't really been issue after issue. V2 has issues for sure, but it's there 1st effort. Needs work for sure, but their new warm restore has been working flawlessly here. As for the long time periods and delays. My guess is they have to do other projects that bring in revenue.

But as is true of anyone, you certainly are free to move on.

Pete

5. dagrev

dagrev Registered Member

I would think from a business perspective that a solid, working version of AX64 would bring in revenue.

6. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

ive reverted back to the older version. for me v2 is just to "iffy" sometimes it works fine and others it just simply doesnt. good thing i always use a second form of backup or i would have lost a LOT of important data. if you are using v2 especially make sure to always use a second form of backup

7. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

What is the status on this wonderful software?

I haven't heard anything new in quite awhile

8. Peter2150

That's because nothing has been said. We just have to be patient.

9. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

You are so right Peter. I am still waiting for the next version of the beta that removes the block on having PD installed. I am being patient...but I have to admit that I do miss the 'old days' when the development team (aka Isso) communicated progress/status much more regularly. I appreciate that we do want to let them get on a produce the definitive version of TM64...but a little more news on where things are at would greatly help reduce the disquiet that I feel some of the brethren are feeling.

Regards, Baldrick

10. Chamlin

Chamlin Registered Member

Yes, true. In fact, I'm a time traveler and have come back from the future with a stable version, TMv14. It's great. Rock solid. You guys would not believe the improvements. The snapshots are faster than the time it takes to press the backup key. Amazing. And the restore time is instantaneous. Personally, I find it too fast because I can't tell if it restored without looking at some recent changes. That takes some time. Also, it works with PD v137! But that was a no brainer since Waj et. al. ended up buying Raxco. Anyway, I'm selling it on eBay for $20,000 (monthly subscription). Please wire to my offshore bank account, circa 2023.

11. Chamlin

Oh guys, an historic question here, in v 1.4.48, I can't remember how to start a new chain. Keeps trying to merge 2 files and hangs at 24.1%. Thanks.

12. Kit1cat

Kit1cat Registered Member

Just delete/move the backup folder, create new backup folder, then press make backup from within time machine, this will create a new baseline in your backup folder.

13. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

You don't even have to create a new backup folder. Just change the name of the current chain folder to something like AXTM2, and make your new snapshot. AX64 creates the new folder. This baseline snapshot will take longer than subsequent snapshots.

14. Kit1cat

Kit1cat Registered Member

Correct, provided you have room for two backup chians. Unfortunately on my ssd I only have room for one, so I normally move the old backup to another drive.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  15. Chamlin

Thanks, all. Guess I could have figured that out by looking at my backup drive and seeing the other folders from past old chains. Oy! Brain fog. All that time travel, you know. :)

16. Masterblaster

Masterblaster Registered Member

I was an early user of AX64. before the merge and before Windows 8.1.
    I was never able to use AX64 with W8.1. I got a refund.
    I recently tried ver 2 and it seemed to work fine.
    Now, I don’t know what to do. I am concerned about buying this again since Waj left. There seems to be little development or communication since the buyout.
    I have seen software developers disappear before (JV16) over less.
    I like AX64 but I am thinking the risk/reward is out of balance.
    I wish I had another clear choice for a backup program that is as fast as AX64.

17. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Hey MB, do you mean 'Waj left' or 'Isso left'...I know about the latter but have not heard about the former (must have been asleep if I missed that)?

18. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

Waj is the new CEO(?) and Isso is still involved but at a much reduced level of involvement (I believe).

As for buying version 2, you cannot. Its a beta and we are waiting for a new updated beta to be available for testing. I don't think that there is a time limit on the version 2 beta but a quick e-mail to the developer should let you know if there is.

19. Masterblaster

Correction, I meant "I am concerned about buying this again since Isso left"
    In my communication with Waj, I can buy a registration and use the key with version 2.

20. Peter2150

Why not just use the beta key and see how things progress?

21. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

Just to be accurate (as I can possibly be) Isso has not left as can be determined by the occasional post from him in this thread where he indicates as much. He is just no longer in charge and is spending at least part of his time on other projects.

22. Masterblaster

The last post I can find from ISSO was on June 10. My gut feeling is you are exaggerating his involvement with AX64.
    For whatever reason, I think he is about out of the AX64 picture and the existing programmers either have different priorities and lack the experience to advance this project.

23. Peter2150

Or the may have to work on outside projects to earn revenue. We actually don't know the extend of ISSO's involvement, but there is no doubt it is very reduced from before. However within limitations TM v2 is already useful, if not as a full product.

24. taotoo

taotoo Registered Member

Most of them will have full-time jobs I imagine...

25. Masterblaster

It seems this thread and this program are on life support.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.