Interrupted Image Restore Problem

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by paschalleddie1, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paschalleddie1

paschalleddie1 Registered Member

I am using Backup & Recovery 10 Free Edition. I was restoring my HD when the process was interrupted. When I reattempted to restore the image, the software now freezes at "Getting partitions info". I know the image archive is valid because the integrity was verified when the backup was made. I have also tried the Safe Mode and the Restore Wizard and they also freeze at "Getting partitions info."

I also attempted to use my Macrium Rescue CD which will load but when I navigate to the image location it says it is not a valid backup image.

I also booted my PC through Linux and navigated to the drive with the image. The image files appear to be there and intact.

Note: I can no longer boot my PC. Will Backup & Recovery work if it does not see a partitioned drive? I am guessing that I may need to repartition and format my drive but I hope that will be my last resort.

Thanks

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

B&R should work fine without any partitions. After all, one of the uses of the program is to replace a failed HD with a new one.

I suspect the original interruption left your HD in a peculiar state and B&R doesn't see it in a state it expects. I would have thought it would see the partition being restored at the time of the interruption as "unallocated space" but I don't know exactly how and when Paragon updates the partition table.

You need to have a look at the disk's layout. Can you put the HD in, or connect it via a USB adapter to a Windows PC and use Disk Management to have a look at it. If you can, I'd delete/recreate the partition being restored and then try again. Of course make sure the other partition, if any, are readable.

If you have other partitioning tools then they can be used of course.

3. paschalleddie1

paschalleddie1 Registered Member

Problem solved, I upgraded to the latest software version and was able to restore the image.

Thanks for the response.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.