Internet tracks

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by TVH, Nov 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TVH

TVH Registered Member

To erase internet tracks and permanently delete data, what is better: using a combination of ccleaner, eraser and Restoration or using a program like windows washer or evidence eliminator or cyberscrub privacy suite?

2. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I use Ccleaner, R-Wipe, and Restoration. But I hear Eraser is a great program. I have heard that Window Washer is no good, and that Evidence Eliminator is a ripoff.....way over priced. I don't know anything about Cyberscrub.

3. TVH

TVH Registered Member

Can anyone else help? What software do other people use?

4. rookieman

rookieman Registered Member

Right now I'm using Privacy Guardian,CCleaner,Mru Blaster.I've got Eraser but I'm not right certain how to use it properly.:thumb:

5. Jim Verard

Jim Verard Registered Member

XeroBank is the only software that I am aware of that is recognizing these Yahoo tracks and removing. See this thread for more details (and that one with 14 pages "Anyone using xB/Torrify"):

Yahoo: Sign and Seal

xB removes this tracks by asking you when he is started if you want to remove them. If you don't have them, he will do nothing (of course).

I believe CCleaner is not doing that because they are related somehow to Yahoo. You see CCleaner have Yahoo toolbar as option for you to install in the beginning?

I am using CCleaner only, for now. I will check different options later.

6. Thiggy

Thiggy Registered Member

IE Privacy Keeper on an XP Pro box. It's free and has quite a few options including cookie white list. Delete data at browser close, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.