Internet module in v2

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Stijnson, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

Will the internet module in v2 be updated any time soon? Mine still shows 2004xxxx under 'Information'.
    I read that the newest v3 release (somewhere next week) will contain new internet filtering (called Statik). Will this also be implemented in 2.7?

2. xTiNcTion

xTiNcTion Registered Member

Hi,

I believe no further development for NOD32 v2.x series. ESET will support 2.x as long as necessary (might be 2years) but only bug fixes and the like.

3. Stijnson

But the other modules ARE still being updated in 2.7 (just last week there was an update for one of the three modules). That's why I ask this question and I hope ESET won't let 2.7 dry out by not updating the detection modules.

The internet module dates from 2004 so I guess an update for this couldn't hurt. -:)

I hope someone from ESET can say something about this.

4. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

This module is very akin to Avast's Network Shield. It was designed to detect and stop worm propagation (Nimda, SQL Slammer, Code Red, etc). Since worms of this kind aren't released today, this module does not need to be updated.
    The Internet Filter and IMON/EAV proxy are two different things. Static is a heuristic algorithm used by the web/POP scanner (IMON in v2 and the proxy in v3)

5. Stijnson

Hi Lucas, thanks for your reply. If I understand it correctly you are saying that this Static algorithm will also be available in v2's IMON when it's ready?

6. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

AFAIK, Static is already being used by IMON.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.