Internet EXplorer Trouble

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by godhorse, Oct 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. godhorse

godhorse Infrequent Poster

Nod seems to be difenitly slowing down my browsing experience

2. alglove

alglove Registered Member

If you go to the NOD32 Control Center --> IMON and disable the Internet Monitor (uncheck the box) or Quit it (Unload IMON), do you notice any difference? This is intended as a troubleshooting tool, not a solution.

Are there (or were there) any other antivirus programs, firewalls, etc. installed on your computer?

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello and welcome to Wilders !

Since NOD32's internet monitor IMON works in the early level Winsock , it needs to be in perfect condition . It seems your Winsock is damaged so you need to repair it . Use WinsockXPfix as showns here
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=462132&postcount=81

Then repair IMON from Control Center

If you are new NOD32 user , read Blackspear's tutorial to configure NOD for maximum protection and automated work . After that , perform full scan with it from Control Center -> NOD32 -> Run NOD32 -> Scan&Clean :thumb:

4. godhorse

Internet Exploer SLOW DOWN

Using the latest Trial Version Of Nod 32

However this seem to be slowing down by internet browsing considerably when using Internet Explorer, so that i have to restart my system. The only way i can browse most times is by using firefox which i am doing right now, or by putting internet explorer in the exclusion list of the IMON Setup.

Also i cant see any window or notification or progess bar when i schedule a scan except for checking the logs, which only show a list of files (cant tell if it is updating this list) is this normal.

Really Interested in buying programe but not while i cant solve these problems also no respose when i send message to eset (3 times)

think it is a great program if i could get it to work smoothly

Can anyone help

5. fosius

fosius Registered Member

Re: Internet Exploer SLOW DOWN

Firstly, you should read the original thread that you posted before. You can find some useful information there.

6. godhorse

OK Hightech Boy I think you arte cookin with rocket fuel (seem this might be my solution will try)

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

In addition , answer what alglove asked you ... what was your previous antivirus software ? Did you uninstall it fully from Add/Remove programs in Control Panel ? ;)

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Re: Internet Exploer SLOW DOWN

You are very correct and what I have done is merged the 2 threads together since it's our policy not to have duplicate threads going about the same subject matter.

Bubba

9. godhorse

It was Stupid norton 2004 and i thnik i did unistall from control panel but think i had issues doing this as it seem to leave the live updater behind

you guys are so fast, but this is good keep it coming

10. godhorse

s to algloves advice i did that but i want to have it functioning fully thanks very much will check out Holy Blackspears recommendations and HiTech boys Advice:D :D

11. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Norton ... here are the problems coming from .

Let's start with this (sum up of all you should do) :

1. Goto Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs
    Find Norton Antivirus and uninstall it . Follow the instructions and reboot

2. Goto Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs
    Find Live Update and uninstall it . Follow the instructions and reboot

3. Goto Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs
    Search for any Symantec program you can find and if such , uninstall it

4. Goto C:\Program files and manually delete all folders/files with names Symantec , Norton , LiveUpdate

5. Run the special Norton's removal tool made by Symantec to completely remove Norton because the procedures above may not have done the whole job
    Automated
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...sf&view=docid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=

Manual
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...view=docid&pid=2005033108162039&pkb=tsgeninfo

6. Repair Winsock and IMON as previously suggested
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=462132&postcount=81

7. Read Blackspear's tutorial and configure NOD

8. Make sure your NOD32 is fully update , Control Center -> Update -> Update now . The latest version is 1.1794

9. Perform full scan to ensure your machine is really clean , from Control Center -> NOD32 -> Run NOD32 -> check your hard drive(s) and press Scan&Clean :thumb:

12. godhorse

Thanks Very Much every one I will carry out said instructions. I did unistall norton via control panel and every other way i could think of manually with out damaging system.
    Only thing i did not do is the tool from norton; will do this; really want to see this nod32 in action. Will any of the winstock XP FIXES DELETE my dial up settings and what about the scheldule scan in progress (dont see dynamic update of files being scanned; no notification of schelduled scan started by window opening or anything, just by checking scan log) will these fixes adress that issue or just browse experience.

13. godhorse

also i am a trial user, 7 days out not buying until sure
    so i cant get any more updates

14. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No , it will not .

The scheduled scan(s) are running silently in the background , you will see no notification except from if a malware is found

They will make your NOD run faster and will improve your browser experience and protection . :thumb:

You are 7 days out , I think you should have posted earlier so that we advised you earlier and you be able to see NOD32 into real action . o_O :D You are welcome !

15. godhorse

Did not even use the norton tool because i thaught i had done a good job of removing it if my memory serves me right. I just used the WinstockXP Tool and rebooted when it asked, then IMON was diabled when i logged back in so i just re-enabled it and removed IE form the IMON exclusion list and aslo removed all servers from the compatibility list, turned all clents to high efficencey and rebooted once more when it (I think IMON asked) asked. AND THAT WAS IT!

IE is now flying and i am now seeing the download progress bar for the first time from Nod32.
    Also when I Browse, I can see IMON Scanning files so I assume every thing is working ok.

However i will now go and use Blackspears tutorial for settin up IMON.

THANKS A LOT HIGHTECH BOY.....I think i will by after a few more days trial even without the updates and the previous issues and the trial being out i am still browsing safely SO I think this say a lot just want to tweak and customize to winzip and other progammes now, thank you

Thanks Hightech boy U Should Chage that name to High techGod MANN

16. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You need to use this tool to remove the remainder of Norton from the registry.

Cheers :D

17. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I personally recommend you to turn almost all clients to Higher compatibility mode because you may have some problems with applications . IMON in Higher efficency is not appropriate for streaming applications . I recommend you set only your internet browser in Higher efficency mode but this is my own opinion . This will not reduce your protection because AMON is still there :)

You are welcome ! :thumb: :thumb:

I stay behind Blacspear and also recommend you run the automatic tool to remove Norton compeletely , especially the reg keys . It doesn't hurt but only helps ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.