Internet explorer only partially protected

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by RC1956, Jun 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RC1956

RC1956 Registered Member

Almost every time I go into Spyware Blaster 4.0 to check for updates, it says that Internet explorer has 14 items not protected. Every time I enable all protection and then check for updates. Later it again has unprotected items.

is there something in the program that's unchecking these items or am I doing something wrong.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello RC1956,

Are you running any other computer security programs and if so, which programs are you using?

3. RC1956

RC1956 Registered Member

Hi Ron: Spybot Search and Destroy, Yahoo Antispy, Spyware Doctor, Windows Defender. I recenntly got rid of Lavasoft's Adaware because it wouldn't update and when I tried to install the newer version it wouldn't install, just kept saying the install.exe wasn't found.

This is a fairly recent problem over the last month or so. Before that it never did it.

RC1956

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

SpywareDoctor has caused some problems in the past as noted in this thread.

5. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

Did you happen to install Spyware Doctor around the time the problem started? See here and here and here.

edit: You beat me to it ronjor.

6. RC1956

RC1956 Registered Member

probably about the same time as Lavasoft Adaware quit working and I needed something more. So what should I do-uninstall SpywareDoctor. What should I run. I liked Adaware; it seemed to get rid of some things that the others did not; but the newer version would not install. And in the control panel it is still there but will not let me access it or get rid of it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'll check back in tomorrow.

Ruth

7. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

I would uninstall Spyware Doctor and install SuperAntiSpyware instead. You might also consider MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware.

If you want to try and keep Spyware Doctor then you can try just disabling Spyware Doctor's Computer Immunization function, since according to javacool, that is what interferes with SpywareBlaster.

8. RC1956

RC1956 Registered Member

Thank you for your advice. I'm going to uninstall SpywareDoctor and try one of these other programs. Ruth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.