Internet Explorer Issues

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by ljc1174, Mar 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ljc1174

ljc1174 Registered Member

I've been having issues all day from IE, I'm getting cannot find server or dns error.

I have to try two or three times to load a page, including email and this site. After reloading the page, or closing IE and opening a new one, the page will finally load.
    I haven't made any changes to my pc...
    I'm puzzled as to why this keeps happening and was wondering if anyone else is having or had this issue.

Thanks for any imput!
    ~Lori

2. 10390bc

10390bc Registered Member

Have you tried a computer restart? Somtimes the simplest things work best. Also there is the IE repair tool, Built into IE. Hope this helps. :)

3. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hey Lori

Would you suppose your ISP is acting up?
    Maybe the servers you trying to connect to happens to be experiencing some problems?

4. Shunned

Shunned Guest

Yes Lori, have experience this for over a week.....an had questions of my own regarding the issue.....an have moinitored intensively...got a few thoughts on whats causing it......
    some workarounds seem to work but need more testing...
    Have experience several dropped connections due to this issue....slow or no downloads..... one very odd thing noticed bot wont be posted as yet

5. Shunned

Shunned Guest

PhantOM

Have you noticed anything out in your firewall "status" logging?
    Yeah, my first thought was probing by the isp..but no dice...its not that..been monitoring that very closely.

6. Shunned

Shunned Guest

TYPO

should read "ODD....not OUT in this

"Have you noticed anything out in your firewall

7. Phant0m

Hmmmm should i be seeing something?

When the ISP acts up you dont see probs...

8. Shunned

Shunned Guest

If you didn't notice anything odd....with your experience....then no there is nothing you should be seeing.....Yes, there is an odd event in my logs. May not be happening to others tho.

*When the ISP acts up you dont see probs...*

Monitoring perhaps a poor choie of words.........Blocking of isp probes ease...thereafter..alerts

9. shunned

shunned Guest

Over the past 30 minutes the issue has become so bad that I can barly post..so will dis-connect.....an check the machine real well

10. Phant0m

If and when the ISP acts up, you’ll see slowdowns with making a connection and possibly even “Page cannot be found”.

If you see blockings of ISP probes, and you experiencing connecting issues then verify DHCP or possibly even DNS packets not being blocked…

11. Phant0m

shunned

You on xDSL, or Cable+ ?

12. Shunned

Shunned Guest

PhantOM

I think you 100% on this...An thanks you..very considerate of you..an appreciated.
    Switched rule set.. an popping along now...got to re-check the DNS rules.....did get an alert ICMP outbound.....very odd...already had a rule for this...an just duplicated the same rule and no more alerts...have never duplicated the same rule before....will have to look into this......

Lori, how about you ? If this is a firewall issue as it seems do doubt PhantOM will have it straighten out for you in no time.
    Will drop out now......an again thanks for the heads up PhantOM

13. Phant0m

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.