Internet Explorer 9 and AVG LinkScanner 2012 issue

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by m00nbl00d, Oct 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Hello my good friends,

While testing IE9 with Java, I made a search in https://encrypted.google.com, and for my surprise LinkScanner presented me with no ratings. It does present them in Chromium, though.

I reset all IE9 settings, but it still does not show any ratings. It does show ratings in www.google.com and www.bing.com, though. I was already able to see ratings in www.google.com and bing.com before resetting IE9 settings, by the way.

I went to AVG forums, and someone else reported the same issue quite sometime ago, but they didn't come up with any news on this issue.

Is anyone else able to reproduce it? Otherwise, I suppose it's IE9 that somehow got corrupted.

Thanks

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

One can only assume by the looks of this thread that it simply isn't supported, otherwise the OP would have got some kind of blanket statement like "reset IE settings" or "give me more information on xyz as it works for me".

3. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

I don't think its the browser itself..

4. m00nbl00d

But the OP did mention he/she reset IE settings, something that I also tried, just to see if would sort any effect. It did not.

I do remember seeing LinkScanner results in IE9. But, if it isn't supported, why does it show ratings in www.google.com and www.bing.com? (I checked these two after seeing them mentioned that AVG thread.)

This AVG page isn't even up-to-date with most current information.

Search-Shield already works in Google Chrome, and it isn't mentioned. :thumbd:

No one ever replied back in that AVG thread. The first and only reply was in 14.9.2011. Nearly a month!

5. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Ok, "fully" supported then. :D Why not try alternatives if you really need to use one?

6. m00nbl00d

Oh... It was just curiosity. I'm like cats. :blink: I don't use IE, so not really concerned. AVG LinkScanner is fully compatible and works great with Chromium. :D

7. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

*puppy* :blink:

8. m00nbl00d

Unfortunately, dogs also get killed because of their curious nature. Cats can climb trees and all that to try and escape. :D

If that's what you were trying to imply.

Anyway, enough off-topic, please. :)

9. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Not at all...:blink:

10. m00nbl00d

Well... now after the new update released yesterday or two days ago, it won't display results in Google Chrome either. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.