Internet Explorer 8 Question

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by TheKid7, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I have upgraded to IE8 on one of my PC's. Shortly after upgrading I started experiencing major browser slow downs which seem to build up with time until no web page would load. I had noticed a much less severe problem of this type with IE7.

I determined that much of the problem was related to both Spybot Search & Destroy's Immunization and SpywareBlaster's Immunization. So I disabled the Immunization feature of both and experienced a massive improvement.

However, over time, I seem to be having a slow down of IE8 to the point where web pages will not open again. This slowdown is always temporarily fixed with a PC restart. What could be causing this slowdown and how could I correct it? I am guessing that it may be some sort of built up of cache or something.

I would like to start using Firefox "only" but one of my wife's web pages will not work properly with Firefox.

Thank you.

2. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

Last I heard, KB969897 was the fix for this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.