Internet Explorer 8 Difficulty

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by jpcummins, Nov 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

My operating system is Windows XP SP3. I have had IE8 installed for a very long time with no problems. My home page is Yahoo.

When IE8 loads, the yahoo display is to the left of the screen which is fine; that is the way it used to load. But, after a few seconds the display jumps to the right of the middle of the screen. I cannot think of anything I have done to cause this to be happening. The yahoo home page is to large to fit everything on the screen without reducing the display size.

Because of my eyes I cannot decrease the size of the display and I am tired of always moving the bar at the bottom of the screen to enable seeing the left hand side of the display.

Has anyone experience this with IE8, and if so, what if anything did you do to resolve it? I am hesitate to again install IE8 because I am afraid of losing all of my favorites plus the problem may be with Yahoo. As always I appreciate all comments and would thank you in advance.

John

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. jpcummins

Cudni,

Thanks for the reply. I haven't tried addons disabled but I have cleared the IE temp folders and that doesn't make a difference. I have looked at several other home pages and they have always displayed correctly regardless of how big the display. Seems I am only having trouble with Yahoo. I will try to disable the addons later to see if that has any effect.

John

4. jpcummins

No difference that I can see with addons disabled. Yahoo will just not load to the left. Considering changing browsers.

John

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Does IE8 have a compatability mode.

6. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

I've got XP SP3 and IE8 but I don't use it much. Just went to yahoo.com and cranked the display up to 150% then 200%. All the elements on the page stayed in place. IE8 does have Compatibilty View. I didn't have it on for my experiment but it's worth a shot.

You could try temporarily decreasing the display just to see if that's it. If there's a way to decrease the font size, try reducing it temporarily to see if that's it. I know in Firefox too large of font will cause issues like you're having. If nothing else works you could try System Restore, or experiment with a different browser to see if you can find one that works better for ya, or just change your home page.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  7. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

The experts at Microsoft Answers should be well equiped to help you resolve your issue.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

That site might help me at some point in the future. Thanks for posting it.:cool:

9. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

You're most welcome ;) The default link is here. Use the menus to navigate to get where you would like to go. Site hosted by Microsoft & MVPs :thumb:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.