Internet Explorer 8.0 Beta 1

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Tommy, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

3. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Its on Betanews too.
    I am using it on Vista right now. It installed fine and runs without major problems. Still a bit slow in rendering pages and some pages doesnt show right. A nice feature is the automatic import of Firefox bookmarks. And it claims to look at what extensions you have and then you can choose to go to a page to find similar Internet explorer add ons.
    This is how Wilders look for example.

Attached Files:

• ie8.png
      ie8.png
      File size:
      201.1 KB
      Views:
  4. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

Incorrect Link. Here the correct Link.

5. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

6. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

I thought IE 7 still has issues? :rolleyes:

7. Seer

Seer Registered Member

You bet I will.

Most of the software (ever produced) will always have some issues, perhaps a very small ones, but still...
    Maybe IE7 was so heavily patched/updated that it simply "evolved" to the next stage?

8. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1 for Windows Vista 64-bit

Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1 for Windows Vista 64-bit

Windows Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1 for Windows Vista 64-bit Edition and Windows Server 2008 64-bit Edition

Overview
    Internet Explorer 8 takes the Web experience beyond the page and introduces a new way to seamlessly experience the power of the Web whether you are a Web developer writing to standards, or an end user discovering a new online service. This beta release is available to everyone, but is primarily for Web developers and designers to test the new tools, layout engine, and programming enhancements.

When not developing your web site, you can click the Emulate IE7 button in the command bar to browse the web like you did in IE7.

Download links for IE8 Beta 1
    (Vista & x64 Edition; Windows Server 2008 & x64 Edition; Windows Server 2003
    SP2 & x64 Edition; WinXP SP2 & x64 Edition)

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/ie/ie8/readiness/Install.htm

New Features in IE8
    (Activities; WebSlices: Favorites Bar; Automatic Crash Recovery; Improved Phishing Filter)
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/ie/ie8/readiness/NewFeatures.htm

Please note just to remind those thinking of installing the Internet Explorer 8.0 vista /XP Beta 1 Do not install this software on a production machine unless you are prepared to spend time and effort sorting out any resulting issues

9. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I see they finally have improved the "extension manager", hooray! :rolleyes:

No but seriously, I really hope that they will now fix all kinds of annoying bugs in the engine, that´s the only thing that I care about. Of course it would be also nice to see some improvements in IE´s GUI, not that I´m planning to use IE (I use Maxthon). And what about the "fit to width" and "instant back/forward" features? Can these morons at M$ pull it off?

10. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

It's good to caution folks on this right now. I've yet to see $M release their new versions IE browser without some drawbacks or issues someplace, but then all betas are not created equal.

I still can't wrap my head around what $M is up to with IE, i see a lot of better design and code engineering is yet needed & you would think they would have perfected this browser by now.

No matter, Opera is always at the ready here where/when IE fails.

11. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.