Internet Connection Wiz

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Maxwell, Mar 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maxwell

Maxwell Registered Member

I have a pipeline cable connection and because of that I try to deny any other types of connection for my pc, like dial-up. I'm not sure what I did (I do a lot of things!) but this is the "Error" that I'm getting:

The following error occured: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

I get this "error" every time I try to connect to the internet and email. I just x it off as it makes no difference...I can still connect.

My question is: Since I don't have a regular dial-up modem, how do I get rid of this error message? I kind of like the idea that ICW can't connect. Can ya blame me?

Thanks, :rolleyes:

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It sounds as if your modem does not have the right settings or possibly it could be defective. I would try to check your modem configuration. It says a device attached to your computer isn't working so I would start there first.

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

If all fails you can go into device manager and right click on your dial up modem and put a check in the disable box with the modem disabled it should not try to connect and hopefully lose the error message.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.