Internet connection cut with LNs

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Delgado, Apr 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delgado

Delgado Registered Member

I have run this firewall successfully until I have just installed a new ADSL Modem. I am now useing Speed Touch ADSL Modem. Now I find that my connection is cut withing a few seconds of being online. Could this be a conflict of Drivers maybe?

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hey Delgado

Are there UDP blockings logging on Look 'n' Stop Log screen about this time? If so what is the packet line info?

3. Delgado

Thanks for quick reply Phantom. I dont know cos I had to uninstal LNs and put back Zone Alarm in order to get my mail. Never had any trouble with old Sagem Modem. As soon as I go online and MSN Messenger starts to connect it all goes dead-disconnected, although the online icon is still on in task bar.

4. Delgado

I forgot to mention that Ive also got Spyware Doctor installed-Ive heard that can conflict with some progs!!

5. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hey Delgado

I don’t like to make presumptions, pasting the log file would have helped.

6. Delgado

Just tried installing again-no good at all Im afraid. This is info from log.

U.0-04-12-06,08;37;06
    UDP;Any other UDP Type UDP
    Address 239.255.255.250
    Ports Dest 1900 SRC 1035

Also stops me from loading up Windows Fire Wall-so got to uninstal just to get back online. Seems its no good with this ADSL Modem.

Any Ideas ?

Delgado

7. Thomas M

Thomas M Registered Member

Your log indicates that "SSDP Discovery Service" and "UPnP device Host" services were blocked (remote port: 1900; remote host: 239.255.255.250)

I am also on DSL, but connect through a DSL-router. I set my "svchost.exe" to block 239.255.255.250 /1900 without any problems.

If you create a UDP-rule for this specific traffic, does it work ?

Thomas :)

8. Delgado

Thanks for reply.

I am afraid Im not as computer savvy as you are. Could this be anything to do with Windows Messenger? I downloaded MSN Messenger, and switched off Windows Messenger, but I dont think something is right. Ive just realised that this crashing seems to occur as soon as MSN Messenger starts to sign in, and then everything freezes, and Ive got to switch off. I cant even re-boot.

Can I take out Windows messenger or not? Ive tried switching MSN Messenger off and putting on Windows Messenger again but it wont work.

Sorry for all this rambling-but i would love to get LNs working again.

9. Delgado

Hooray!!!
    I think the problem was the two Messenger programmes conflicting. I took out MSN Messenger, and then found that Windows Messenger didnt work (MSN probably took out something with it)

I then had to re-install Service pack two to get Windows Messenger to work. I had a bit of trouble getting LNs to recognise my connection, so Re-booted and unticked "Watch DNS Calls.

Seems to be working now!!! So dont know wether to tick "Watch DNS Calls" or not. Any suggestions-working like clockwork now!!!

Thanks Delgado

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.