internet cleanup

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by mike1950, Sep 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike1950

mike1950 Registered Member

Even though I click on "internet cleanup", cookies I want gone are still in the cookies folder. Microsoft XP won't allow me to see what's in the internet cache files to see if they're clean so I'm stuck thinking that the software I bought, [Acronis Privacy Expert 8.0] is not working as advertised. I'm not fluent in software technology including terminology like (registry back-ups, internet components, paging/swap files, etc) so I'm very hesitant in choosing the option "system cleanup". I've read the user's guide. It does not explain what these pieces of the puzzle are, much less if they need to be cleaned and when. In choosing system cleanup I don't want to wipe clean programs such as quickbooks, anti virus programs, e-mail information and other main software programs needed.
    So what needs to be done to wipe all internet traces as advertised?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mike1950,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software.

If you don't want to remove traces of all components listed in the Internet Clean-up, you can separately clean any component in this category. Please clarify what you want to do and we will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.