internet clean-up

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by emile curate, Sep 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emile curate

emile curate Registered Member

Hi , since I have upgraded to build 748 , when I run an 'internet clean-up' , several items are found , even if I didn't connect to internet , and when I clean these items , I get the message: 'you must reboot the system' and then , the boot is about 1mn longer than before.'A fortiori' , if I try an 'entire system clean-up' , it's the same thing.
    May be a future update will solve this problem?
    Thanks a lot , emile curate

2. Timelf

Timelf Guest

Hi,
    Unfortunatelly this PE 8 seems to be a major headache my friend.
    Many users simply cannot have most of the files deleted as set.
    By the way of your post, your delay in the boot process is related with the PREFETCH files set the be deleted.
    Do not set PE 8 to delete those files and windows boot will keep the same time.

3. emile curate

Hi, timelf
    I think you're right about 'Privacy Expert Suite 8 (build 74:cool:'.
    I've found that it's the option: 'Last Visited Pages Clean-up' which is at fault:
    When I've just made a boot and I use this option without having done anything , this one finds:
    file:///C:/Program%20Files/MemTurbo/htmldocs/index.htm
    file:///C:/Program%20Files/MemTurbo/htmldocs/index.htm
    Poste de travail (the one which displays: C: D: E: A: F: G: and all other devices)
    I don't know why these items have to be deleted !!!!
    Also , why is a reboot needed , then (may be some register keys are modified !!) ?
    After all these actions , my computer has frozen and I had to make a 'restore' of the whole hard disk from the last back-up from my external hdd.
    Now , I think that the events going worse and worse at each update , I must remove this 'f....' program from my computer before it makes other disasters !!!!
    I don't know what the engineers working on this program are thinking of , but if they continue in that way , other guys will do as I do.
    More , the support never answers or it's: 'first install the last build , then tell us what is the problem' even if dozen of users have posted a thread for the same problem !!!
    Regards , emile

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello emile curate,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software.

We are really sorry for the inconveniences. Please make a screen shot of what Acronis Privacy Expert Suite find on your computer when you run "Internet Clean-Up" wizard and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We recommend you to use the latest build because our Development Team works only with it.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. emile curate

Hi , I've sent the files you asked,
    Regards, emile curate

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2005
  6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello emile curate,

Thank you for all the information you sent. We will investigate the problem and help you with the solution. If you do not receive any response from Acronis Support Team within 48 hours please let me know your Acronis Request # which will be sent to you in autoreply.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.