Internal error: script is inconsistent

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cgtyoder, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cgtyoder

cgtyoder Registered Member

Running TIE Workstation Build 8296 on Win XP SP3.

Successfully backed up a partition, verified, and now when I try to restore (to a different partition - both partitions are internal SATA drives, different disks), I get:

Unable to prepare operations. Error code: 3 "Internal error: script is inconsistent"

I noticed another person had this error with TIE Home, and he rebooted and that fixed things, but not here. I really need to restore this image. Any help?

2. cgtyoder

Really? No help here? This seems like pretty basic functionality being broken. Do Acronis employees watch this forum? Is there another (free) option for support for TIE Workstation?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cgtyoder,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

To resolve the issue please do the following:

- Download Acronis Scheduler, which is a special utility to update the scheduler service, the file is available here;

- Extract the downloaded file and run install.bat. The utility will automatically update the service;

Reboot the computer and see if the issue is resolved.

Also you can use Acronis Booting Rescue Media to perform the desired operation.

It depends upon the support program you are eligible for. You can learn more about Acronis Advantage program here

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

4. cgtyoder

I applied the patch mentioned, but the error still remained. I created the Boot Rescue Media and was able to restore from that. Thanks for the assistance.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cgtyoder,

Thank you for your feedback.

To have an opportunity to restore the archive from within Windows please restart Acronis scheduler:

- download the file;
    - run the utility and issue the below commands:

task zap
    service stop
    service uninstall

- download Acronis Scheduler again here

Extract the downloaded file, run install.bat and wait for the process to be completed.

- start schedmgr.exe utility again and issue the commands:

service install
    service start

- close the command prompt, reboot the computer and see if the problem persists

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.