Interesting Situation arising with TI10 & TI11

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bobmitch, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobmitch

bobmitch Registered Member

OK...first off...finished building a new system.

Asus P5E Motherboard (x38 with ICHR9)
    Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHZ
    2 x 1 GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers (PC8500)
    Two Western Digital 74 GB Raptors in Raid 0
    VIA Firewire ports

Old system had Asus P5B motherboard (ICHR:cool:
    Texas Instruments Firewire

OK...now the issue. On the old board, I could boot into Recovery disk and had issues with the disk "sometimes" recognizing the Firewire connected external HDD...but ALWAYS recognized my RAID configuration. USB 2.0 always worked...although much slower

On the new motherboard, the boot disk from TI10 no longer recognizes the Firewire connected external HDD. In order to recognize the external HDD....absolutely must be connected USB 2.0....and things still work...although slowly. With TI11 boot disk..firewire is now there 100% of the time...BUT...TI11 does not recognize ICHR9

OUCH! I wish Acronis would get their act together. I am limping around trying to have some degree of confidence that TI11 will, at some point, be as good as TI10 when it worked. I cannot believe the amount of people purchasing TI11 and find it does not work. Is the crew at Acronis asleepo_O??

Happy New Year

Bob

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bobmitch,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build (8053) of Acronis True Image 11 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If updating doesn't solve the problem, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report, Windows system information and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

Or get Paragon, which works.

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I investigated Paragon as well as other backup/imaging progs, Paragon has it's own problems and lacks some of the nicer features of ATI 10. I suspect some of the just plain folks that push Paragon on the ATI forums are company reps gone a trolling. Some companies, when reps go on forums to advance their products provide disclaimers of their relationship.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.