Interesting problem with NOD32?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by 14k, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 14k

14k Registered Member

I'm using NOD32 2.5

I believe this occured after I installed Zone Alarm Pro.

The IMON thing never stops scanning http://192.............upnp/control/WANIPCONNECTION or WANcommoninterfaceconfig

whilst AMON never seems to stop scanning IH.....tmp files, ie. IHD190.tmp, IHD1EA.tmp, IHD202.tmp, etc.. etc..

Has my NOD32 gone wonky because of Zonealarm or not? It it just scanning an endless loop for some strange reason? Shall I leave my PC on overnight and see if it stops?

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi 14K, welcome to Wilders.

Hi have seen ZoneAlarm affect winsock many many times.

I would suggest repairing Winsock, then repair IMON; see post number 40 HERE

This should resolve your problem.

Cheers :D

3. 14k

14k Registered Member

Hi, thanks for the reply. I will follow the instructions as you say, but I don't appear to have any problem with my internet connection it's just the annoying thing above mentioned which I don't understand and which could be using alot of my systems resources?

4. 14k

14k Registered Member

Hi,

I followed your instructions. I ran that winsockxpfix program, rebooted, noticed IMON had been disabled. I followed all the second instructions (post #35 to #40) on that last thread, then clicked Start IMON Monitor. That constant scanning of WinIpConnection in IMON and .tmp files in AMON started almost immediately, I rebooted and it is still exactly the same as soon as windows starts.

I have "Log intrusion attempts to the virus log" and "atomatically detect changes in network configuration and repair necessary settings" checked.

What else can I do? =(

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Do you have potentially dangerous applications enabled in Amon and Imon? Do you use p2p?

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Are you connecting via a router? What type is it?

7. 14k

14k Registered Member

Not sure what you mean by that. I have nothing in the "Exclusions" lists of either Amon or Imon. Yes, I do use BitComet on occasion. It appears to have no effect to the above problem whilst being run or not being run.

8. 14k

14k Registered Member

Yes, I'm using a Netgear DG834G ADSL Modem/Router

9. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Marcos will have to help you with that question.

Amon scans the same type tmp files on my machine. It seems normal.

10. 14k

14k Registered Member

It seems to be constant and never-ending. It can't be right. Why would these files be accessed all the time anyway?

I have tried the Winsock thing twice now (using the two different methods) but it always reverts back to the original problem. Maybe I am repairing IMON wrong? Any ideas? I don't want to uninstall NOD32 as I am liking it and was about to purchase it (using trial mode at the moment) Where's BlackSpear gone! :eek:

11. Blackspear

I'm here, just running out of ideas, Marcos will probably have a lot more.

12. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

What have you done to eliminate ZA Pro from the equation ?

If nothing....I would suggest you open ZA Pro control center and un-check the box that says start ZA Pro when computer starts. Turn your PC off....unplug the cable that lets you have Interent access and then re-boot. Do you still have the same effects ?

BTW....what version of ZA Pro in case we need to find the possible OS Firewall setting that might be the culprit ?

13. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Sorry but this is simple. Get rid of za. Ime quite a lot of peoples pc troubles stem from za.

14. ctrlaltdelete

ctrlaltdelete Registered Member

No troubles here with ZA Pro (6.1.744.001) and NOD32 (2.51.26 BS settings), so imho there must be something else causing the troubles.

15. Blackspear

I would try uninstalling ZA Pro to see if the issue goes away, you could then try reinstalling and failing this try installing the FREE version of ZA.

Let us know how you go...

16. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Try disabling UPnP in your router setup:

Attached Files:

• upnp.JPG
      upnp.JPG
      File size:
      27.8 KB
      Views:
  17. 14k

14k Registered Member

Thanks for all the replies. If I try uninstalling either NOD32 or ZA I will probably uninstall and reinstall NOD32 as originally ZA was put on after NOD32. Maybe putting NOD32 on after ZA will allow ZA to configure itself with it better?

Marcos, I have just tried disabling UPnP. So far the original problem hasn't reoccured, but it's only been 10 mins or so, often it doesn't start stright away. I still get scans of strange .tmp files which I know nothing of, but it's not constant and so far no constant WANIPCONNECTION scanning racking the "Scanned:......" count up like lightning!

Could I ask what exactly I am doing by disabling the UPnP in the router? It says something about automatic device configuration but I really don't understand. I have one other PC sharing this internet connection on the router and on occasion a laptop jumps on too. + will it affect my use of any internet applications I use, ie. Bitcomet.

Thanks again.

Last edited: May 3, 2006
  18. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Some have called UPnP 'Un-Plug and Pray' like they call Active-X 'Hacktive-X'
    Most of the time it really makes no difference to have it off - most applications are aware if it is available or not, others you would probably have had to manually turn it on (default off)

HTH :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.