Interesting Freebie??

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by maddawgz, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Saw this on a site that sells Digital Certificates

Could be another good free AV
    Anyone tried it?

antivirus.comodo.com
    "Comodo AntiVirus 1.1 beta, all subsequent beta versions and the final release version will each be available free to both home and business users

Bid farewell to viruses and kiss license fees goodbye.

Download today for out-of-the-box protection at no cost."

They also have a free firewall
    www.personalfirewall.comodo.com
    PC Magazines Editors Choice
    www.pcmag.com/article2/0...5,1969485,00.asp

I gather they make their money from selling the Digital Certificates and provide the free Firewall, Antivirus and Antispam to provide a safer environment to use them.

2. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

There is a thread here on Wilders on the Comodo Firewall. I have also installed the antivirus module (in one of my snapshots) but cant really say anything about its detection rates (its so damn hard to get infected with stuff or test an AV) But if it as good as their firewall seems to be, the future looks bright :)

The downside this far is that both the firewall and AV takes plenty of memory (75Mb with both modules installed on my system), not a probelm for me with 1Gb though, but maybe it will be for folks with less installed memory?
    But the authors are aware of that and tries to shrink the memory usage. it doesnt slow down my system at all.

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i once installed a comodo password storage thingy but spysweeper informed me in a scan that it installed a spyware toolbar wso i got rid of it rightaway

4. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I havent tried the ivault thingy, but doesnt it by nature install a BHO into IE? All BHO´s are not malicious.

5. betauser2

betauser2 Guest

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey maddawgz,

As We have numerous threads showing via other anti-virus forum search for Commodo....I'll list a few of the recent ongoing finds below and ask that you participate in one of those if you would Please. Having said that....I'll close this thread now.

Bubba

Comodo Anti-Virus 1.1 beta
    Free Comodo AV is out!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.