Interesting Emsisoft Tests

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by MikeNash, Apr 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Someone

Someone Registered Member

How much more "real world" do you want? The guy acted like what a normal user would do; browse the web then try to clean the infection.

2. TIfreak

TIfreak Registered Member

Dude can you be less theatrical? MBAM employees spamming this thread all the time and crying like a baby about the unfair world is not really the behaviour of a "bigger man" and its fellows. You state your product is overall better than a2. So please prove it instead of showing the mentioned behaviour?

3. Mattchu

Mattchu Registered Member

Still no answer to my question...!!

WHY if MBAM is only truly effective when malware is active and running on a system is the right click scan option there.

I would prefer not to execute in the first place.Perhaps this is why a couple of `on-demand` scanners is preferable...

Not looking for an argument just clarification, does it utilise it`s advanced heuristcs on dormant files/folders?

4. Jadda

Jadda Registered Member

Did you expect anything else? You guys asked for it. I love your attitude as a professional company too.

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  5. Astech

Astech Registered Member

This thread is becoming a flame war, people take a deep breath, Emsi Softaware has done nothing that others didn't do before.

We had a chance to hear from the Malwarebytes representatives, it is clear to everybody now that MBAM is a tool for clean up, end of story:cool:

Stop acting like kids if you want to sound like professionals;)

6. slangen

slangen Guest

i love this thread, though couldnt get past page 3....

thanks guys for 'Reality Security' :thumb:

7. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Excellent point:thumb: In the real world average web users don't act like malware researchers.

8. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

To me, right-click scan is important.

And it must be to plenty of others. That's why plenty of guys here upload suspicious files to virustotal (and others), to see if a file is malicious before it is installed. They don't install a file first, then run the scan.

I agree with almost all arguments here.

SAS and MBAM shouldn't be included in right-click scan tests, as they work on active infections, but at the same time, these products should clearly describe their role in layered security and use as additional tools.

And for every test you find showing a product as being great, you'll find another test saying it sucks. :) 1:1 ratio.

Unless you're a company like Symantec/Norton, and nothing can stop the cash from rolling in. ;)

9. Makav3l1

Makav3l1 Registered Member

I understand that MBAM and SAS don't like this test. However, a lot of their users use them as on-demand scanners so this kind of test appears applicable. Aside from emsisoft, which is expected to be on top with it's own samples, the other products results seem to follow the norm.

10. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Exactly, and the same thing happens with the replies to those tests. Around and around it goes. I really don't see where this thread is progressing, so we're going to give it a rest.

Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.