Interested trojan

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by sasa843, Oct 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sasa843

sasa843 Registered Member

Hi to all.

While I was surfing today I noticed this information from MCafee website http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=description&virus_k=143406

Look at the pop up this trojan displays. Does it look familiar to You?
    I haven't seen so far misleading applications that display almost the same message as the real security company. I thought this is very interested.

Thank's.

2. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

Yeah, the virus uses a Nod32 lookalike popup, damn.

3. sparx

sparx Registered Member

Wow... NOD32 making it big time... Virus creators think that NOD32 has a large enough market share to mimic it's warnings. Interesting.

4. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

5. sasa843

sasa843 Registered Member

Hi.

Yes, there is a lot of fake security programs which could lead "You" to infection. For example just check Symantec's latest threats webpage.
    But this is a unique case which displays almost the same pop up as NOD32 antivirus program. Not all of "us" are technically very familiar with system security, and the best way for protecting from these fake applications and malware at all is to help each other and exchange informations. I, for example always try to explain to my friends which are not so familiar in computer's technology, how to protect their system and think that this is one way beating the malware. I hope You understood me.

Regards.

6. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Of course:)

The best protection is your own head together with antivirus and firewall.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.