Interactive Mode

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by mr1988, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr1988

mr1988 Registered Member

Hi, i have had SC Beta 4 on now for 2 days and i set it up first by using my v3 setup, but i had a couple of problems of it blocking programs and not giving me the pop up for options that should come up in interactive mode.

I did a clean reinstall and its still not coming up with the pop up and i am having to manually go in and make the rules of which i cant make for everything without smart security pointing it out.

any help would be cool

2. mr1988

mr1988 Registered Member

nobody know nothing ? as its rly becoming annoying

3. GaryRW

GaryRW Registered Member

It should have defaulted to Learning Mode at installation. Let it ride on that for awhile before changing to Interactive Mode. My experience is that the firewall is improved in v4 over v3. A Win 2K machine would always periodically crash with v3 but no such problems with v4. WinXP's never had crash problems at the ntoskrnl level like Win2K.

4. mr1988

mr1988 Registered Member

Yea its all better and the firewall is its just the interactive mode dosnt give me the popup option like in v3. I did however have a popup to allow a program to make changes, but v4 dosnt popup to ask for connections.

5. kowi

kowi Registered Member

@mr1988
    I have had the same problem (on Vista Business 32bit) - nothing and nobody helped me to "repair" interactive mode. Any reinstallations doesn't affect.

Interactive mode started working only when I reinstalled system, so I suppose only it can help you.

6. mr1988

mr1988 Registered Member

thx kowi nice to have a helpful rply :) Yea i went back to v3 as v4 kept freezing applications and stopping me from getting into wow and freezing it when i wanted to quit. I had to turn the firewall and use windows firewall and it worked fine then so its def v4 firewall problems.

anyway v3 works like a charm so will stick with that till v4 non beta is released.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.