interactive mode no longer working?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by jasondhsd, Oct 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasondhsd

jasondhsd Registered Member

My Eset Smart Security no longer prompts me to allow/disallow a program through the firewall anymore. I was installing Chrome and it wouldn't connect until I manually put it in the list. Automatic mode does work though but I want interactive, how do I fix this? thanks

2. jvstech

jvstech Registered Member

I, too, had this happen to me. Except it does this for every new program installed. In fact, I can't get on the internet period unless I disable the firewall. It doesn't matter if it's automatic, interactive, or policy-based. No internet unless I disable the firewall. In my rules, there are two grayed-out: block all incoming traffic (blocks all ports TCP and UDP incoming) and block all outgoing traffic (blocks all ports TCP and UDP outgoing). I can't change them or disable them. I suspect this is the issue, but so far, nothing has helped.

3. carmady

carmady Registered Member

Is your Application Gateway Service running normally? I'd disabled mine, since my AV/firewalls in the past haven't needed it. Caused havoc with ESS if it wasn't running, including the same symptom you describe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.