"Intelligence" of ESET GUI?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by billybarule, Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billybarule

billybarule Registered Member

So, is the ESET GUI intelligent as it related to the video environment it is in? I have a server that has a simple video card, and the ESET GUI looks like someone took a college kid out of their first programming class and told them "translate this DOS app to Windows". It's a clean interface, but very simplistic.
    Other systems that have the same client installed, but with a "big boy" video card have a graphical console - pretty colors, icons next to each of the menu options, etc.

This would be a first for me from a piece of software, and a pretty nifty feature at that.
    Thanks.

2. jeremyf

jeremyf Registered Member

Can you post screenshots of what you mean?

3. billybarule

I figured out what it was, screenshots attached for reference though.

Turns out I had scaled the Display Tab's color depth on the RDP connection I used from the Terminal Server I work on to this particular server.
    I was connected to another server after reading the request for screenshots, so I just connected from there, and the Client Console looked "normal". I went back to my Terminal Server, looked at the settings for the connection, and noticed the color depth setting. I reconnected from there, and sure enough, got the "simple" Client Console.

Still pretty neat, either way. :)

Attached Files:

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I reckon the non-graphical interface is used by default if a video mode with 16 colors is detected.

5. billybarule

Agreed Marcos, that is definitely the driver here.
    That said, I haven't seen any other application understand its environment like that, and completely change the interface. Most other apps will just simplify the colors being displayed, making the smooth colors in the background look all chunky and blotchy.
    Pretty sharp, these ESET programmers.:thumb:

6. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

You can toggle between the two user interface views by pressing Ctrl+G from within the ESET User Interface.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.