Intelligence agencies are officially in the malware spreading business.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Mayahana, Feb 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Given this BOMBSHELL exposure.. What does this mean for antimalware companies?

To me, it means it is crucial I use a product where there is no cooperation between the anti-malware form and state actors. Also that it is 'crucial' a company not only doesn't cooperate, but effectively DETECTS malware from state actors. So why is this malware going undetected in the breaches that have been disclosed? If it is targeted then it's likely that targeting includes the ability to bypass already known security software/protocols. If that's the case, then a strong heuristic, behaviour, and/or fingerprint type solution may be more important than ever? Not to mention I think the NSA and GCHQ should be prosecuted for breaking the law, and potentially disbanded.

This kind of stuff could start a war.

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/02/19/great-sim-heist/
    According to one secret GCHQ slide, the British intelligence agency penetrated Gemalto’s internal networks, planting malware on several computers, giving GCHQ secret access. We “believe we have their entire network,” the slide’s author boasted about the operation against Gemalto.

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Topic Already Posted. Please Search First. Thank You!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.