Intel Rapid Storage Technology v11.7.0.1013

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by berryracer, Dec 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

Download -http://downloadmirror.intel.com/22194/a08/iata_cd.exe-

Just released today

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2012
  2. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

3. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

Hey guys,

Thanks for the heads-up - I haven't received a download notice from HP yet, but then again this release just went into production a few days ago. :doubt:

Cruise

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  4. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Installed. Machines still boots. That makes it better than some versions. No problems so far that I have noticed.

5. berryracer

you won't receive any notification from your notebook manufacturers, they usually takes ages if they ever do post the udpate

just update yourself from Intel

6. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

I would do that if I could be 100% certain that in the event of a catastrophic result I could restore my system using an image-backup (taken before the installing the update)! :doubt:

Cruise

7. Gobbler

Gobbler Registered Member

The installer doesn't like mandatory DEP, so if you have DEP policy set to Always On, be sure to turn it to Opt In otherwise the installation might fail.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  8. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

I'm following your advertise. Since I have v. 10.0.0.1046, I'll do a image backup [System drive only] with Macrium, before install.
    I will see if some trouble comes out... :blink:

Thanks for your note. :cool:

9. Bob241963

Bob241963 Registered Member

Is this compatible with any chipset? I have an ASUS M5A88-m which does have intel SATA 6 connectors (according to the mobo manual). Does this driver replace windows storahci?

10. xxJackxx

I will never again install updates for these drivers with immediately running a full backup. My first update of these drivers on Windows 8 resulted in have to do a complete reformat and reinstall of everything. I thought I had run a backup, turns out I was thinking of my laptop and had nothing. Oh well, hard lesson learned. :(

11. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

Sorry my perception about (english is not my native language): can I understand like "without running a full backup before"?

12. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Yes, it does. Been using it for ages here; no particular issues. It is compatible with any relatively recent chipset (i.e. at least Core 2 Duo era or better).

13. xxJackxx

Yes, correct. It was a typo. Sorry.

14. Bob241963

Bob241963 Registered Member

I have an AMD processor and the txt file on the Intel site states that I require both the Intel Sata controller and an Intel processor -- guess it is not for my system.

15. berryracer

OFFCOURSE it isn't. It says INTEL Rapid Storage Technology for god's sake

16. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I have seen lots of problems reported in relation with Intel RST. I agree with this opinion:

"My own opinion on this technology is that it is "fragile" and there are a lot of reasons it can fail. A lot of components at the hardware, chip set, system BIOS, and O/S must work together successfully. It is also new (at least in the way it [is] configured on these notebooks with the SSD used as a cache for the HDD) and not well understood by technical support (especially in combo with windows 8 )."

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/p/19477608/20247743.aspx#20247743

17. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

@ xxJackxx, thanks for your clarification. BTW I did what you said and installed yet. Without annoyances until now.

18. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

If 'fragile' means 'handle with care' I would certainly agree. I was experiencing BSODs whenever restoring a backup image! After changing IRST's mode from 'Advanced' (read + write cache) to 'Enhanced' (read only cache) that problem went away. While the Enhanced mode doesn't offer the level of performance improvement as that of the Advanced mode, it's much more stable!

Cruise

19. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

If you have any problems you should be able to rollback to the previous driver with Device Manager.

20. xxJackxx

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Depending on what version you have installed previously that is a very bad idea. Especially if you previously had a 11.2.x version or older. Kiss your data goodbye at that point. From my understanding these drivers changed considerably with 11.5.x and I have personal experience with no boot after going from the 11.6.x to the 11.2.x. Run a full system backup if you think there is ANY chance you may need to roll back.

21. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

It is unusual for driver issues to now be fixed with a rollback.

22. richo

richo Registered Member

Are there any advantages in updating? All I see here are the potential problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.