Intel i7

Discussion in 'hardware' started by DVD+R, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

2. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

The bleeding edge!1K for a cpu that will be outdated in 3 to 6 months.Have at it,I will wait on the price to way fall.

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Will it be added to laptosp as well or just th desktops?

4. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

Judging from past releases of Intel, they will most likely introduce a laptop version sometime in the future.

@pugmug: I agree with you. $1000 for a processor is not a practical buy, unless you have a lot of money (to burn).

5. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Warn me when it's 16.
    Then i''l swap my single core laptop and finally calculate the meaning of life. If it's 42, i'm burning it.

6. markymoo

markymoo Registered Member

yes wait for the prices to fall. the i7 technology is not going to be utilised for awhile and by then the prices will of dropped and better i7. you won't see much gains on games yet. if you into encoding and rendering then fine. i spend the money on the best graphics card if you into gaming but if i remember rightly you already have. treat yourself to a holiday with the saving. you could make a fantastic PC from a overclocked Q6600 with decent graphics or buy that custom spec off the shelf and more than enough with tons of money leftover.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  7. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

Yeah, the graphics card is usually the bottleneck when it comes to gaming. For smooth gaming, it's better to have a high-end graphics card and a decent processor than a decent graphics card and a high-end processor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.