Instructions on how to use hard drive backups or recovery disk in Paragon 9.0 Pro

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Enrico_49, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enrico_49

Enrico_49 Registered Member

Hello everybody:

I hope I came to the right place.

Briefly, here's my problem. I was trying to use Artellos ARCDS recovery CD to recover my system. It doesn't work.

I then realized that I had made verified copies of Paragon boot DVD 9.0 Pro on 02-06-10 and a set of 4 DVD's Hard drive backup with Paragon 9.0 Drive backup Pro on 02-07-10.

My problem is that I don't know how to use either to get my system up and running again.

Can anyone familiar with these programs please advise me on how to proceed.

Which selection do I need to make, and so on.

Thank you in advance for your time on my behalf

Enrico_49

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

You'll need to create the recovery CD to boot up your system and restore using the DVD archives.

If you don't have the recovery CD from Drive Backup 9 Pro, from another computer download the Backup and Recovery 10 Free Edition, create the recovery CD. Boot to the CD and once you're inside of the recovery interface, swap your recovery CD with the first DVD archive and restore.

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/db-express/download.html

3. Enrico_49

Paragon_Tommy, thank you for your prompt reply.

In reviewing my initial post I called the Paragon recovery DVD the boot DVD.

What I meant to say was I had created a recovery DVD using Paragon Drive Backup 9.0 Pro on 02-06-10, then on 02-07-10 I created hard drive backups totaling 4 DVD's.

I have had them both in my PC and verified that my hard drive C & D are intact.

Heres' what I don't understand and will need detailed help with:

When I put the recovery DVD in my PC and boot up what do I do when given all the choices?

Then what do I do with the 4 hard drive backups.

I'm sorry, but I'm at the limits of my computer knowledge.

I looked at a PDF of Paragon Drive Backup 8,5 but really don't understand how to proceed.

Do I use the simple restore wizard?

If so, which choice do I make:

root directory

my computer

mounted resources

local disks

C:\NFTS

D:\Fat32

I simply don't know which choice to make, and the choices are the same in the recovery DVD and the hard drive backups.

If you or someone else could walk me through this I would appreciate the help.

I await your reply.

Thank you for assistance thus far.

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi,

Boot to the Paragon recovery as you already did.

Select Normal Mode>Restore.

Take out the recovery cd - the recovery program is loaded into memeory.

Put in the first backup dvd .

The archive you want to restore is on the first dvd - navigate to that ( probably under local disks). Then restore that archive to your chosen target location.

It will tell you when to put the second part ( the 2nd dvd ) in.

5. Enrico_49

SIW2: Followed your instructions. However, once I select /mnt/disk (local disks) I'm faced with 11 folders. Some that clearly will do nothing to restore my hard drive.

It appears that this is just too complicated for someone with my meager knowledge of Paragon 9.0

There is just too much detail that I'm unfamiliar with.

I tried to transfer my root directory onto a DVD because I received a message stating that: Windows could not start because a file is missing or corrupt.

<Windows root>\system32\hal.dll

When I try and transfer the root directory onto another DVD the program freezes calculating the total data size.

I'm starting to think my best move is to get a new hard drive and transfer the DVD onto that.

Right now I'd just like to toss the tower out of the window.

Thank you for your assistance.

I'm starting to seriously think that if I can't get help on the Paragon forum, I'm pretty much screwed.

6. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.