Instant messaging in USA

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by prozabor, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prozabor

prozabor Registered Member

I'm from Poland and here we only use GaduGadu IM. All people im Poland communicate in this "polish" protocol. So I am interested what is the most popular IM in USA? Maybe ICQ? Or Yahoo?

2. Creer

Creer Registered Member

Hi prozabor,

i am from Poland too, and i can't agree with your opinion. You shouldn't generalize for example i'm using protocol Gadu-Gadu in Konnekt communicator and additional Windows Live Messenger (formerly MSN) which is in my opinion really very good communicator. I wish that more people in PL, start to use it.

Pozdrawiam :)

3. prozabor

prozabor Registered Member

You're right. It is stupid that most people in our country use only GG to communicate:/

4. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Hi,

Getting back to your original question, it's probably a safe guess that Yahoo's the most widely used IM in the US and here in Canada, as well as many other places. I do also have ICQ and MSN (or whatever the latter's called these days), but any active contacts I had in those two have long disappeared.

As a side note, for messaging I use Trillian which permits access to all three plus AOL and, I think, IRC. But that does have the drawback that many setup options, particularly privacy settings, can only be accessed via the original client application, not by Trillian.

5. Bensec

Bensec Registered Member

hehe , not quite sure, which is most popular.
    but I like the survey bot in AIM. It gives me a lot fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.