InstallSpy Questions ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by StevieO, Sep 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevieO

StevieO Guest

I discovered this App yesterday and even though it's not supported anymore, it looks very useful.

The amount of area it monitors and covers is extremely comprehensive indeed. I found the following thread by Kareldjag, who is someone i admire and trust with his tests. I figured if he used it, then any doubts about it not being genuine were maybe groundless.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=70935&highlight=InstallSpy

Is anyone using this App right now, or had any recent experience with it ?

Thanks,

StevieO

2. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Hi StevieO,

Thanks for the URL to InstallSpy - Yes, it does look useful, however, I have been using Watcher
    which does about the same, also freeware. Good doc on webpage on exactly what Watcher does.

It would be interesting to compare the two, but have no time at the moment.

-- Tom

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Watcher doesn't seem to have a global menu in its interface, where you can start each function. It seems to me a collection of separate programs, you can start from the program menu, which is lesser convenient.

4. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Hi Erik,

Watcher is one program with several parameters (installed as shortcuts in the Programs, Start Menu Area under Documents and Settings for WinXP):
    -options
    -review
    -deep

-- Tom

5. StevieO

StevieO Guest

Thanks all,

I also have been using Watcher for a while now, and think it's a definate must have !

It's the only App that almost daily alerts me various important things that no App does.

This ones staying.

I did install InstallSpy and found the indepth reporting it does on so many areas of my system incredible. This all gets viewed in a nice HTML format which is easy to navigate, and also needed with all that info, and a welcome change from just plain text on some Apps logs.

If you get the chance to try it out you should.

StevieO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.