installing True Image 11

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Joanne2, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joanne2

Joanne2 Registered Member

I was about to install True Image on my Windows XP SP3 computer when I noticed that I'll have to make choices in the installation. I can do a typical, a custom, or a complete install. No mention is made in the quick start guide of what a typical install is. A custom install apparently allows one to NOT install Rescue Media Builder and Bart PE plug-in.

Is there a reason not to install the plug-in? Would it interfere with anything else--or is it just too complex for the inexperienced to use? For someone who is a novice with this kind of software, would it be best to do a "typical" install?

Thank you!

Jo-Anne

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

As your intuition is telling you, do a complete install.

I can hardly imagine a case where one wouldn't want to, but if you have several copies of the same version TI on several computers, I suppose you might just make the Rescue media and use the plug-in on one. I wouldn't but someone might.

As soon as you have installed TI, make the Rescue CD and test booting from it. After you have made a full backup image in Windows, boot from the CD and verify the image from the CD. If the backup verifies, you should be in good shape if you ever need to do a restore.

3. Joanne2

Thank you, John! That's exactly the kind of help I was hoping for. One other question: Should I turn off my antivirus program (Norton) and turn off my DSL modem while installing Acronis?

Thank you again,

Jo-Anne

4. jmk94903

I would turn off Norton. That's always a good practice when installing software. Turning off your DSL modem is a good idea since your anti-virus protection is off although it's not likely that you'd have a problem since you won't be doing anything else during the installation.

5. Joanne2

Thank you again, John! I'll cross my fingers and install it today.

Jo-Anne

6. jmk94903

Uncross your fingers. It's really hard to type the serial number with then crossed. :)

7. Joanne2

You're right! And I ended up having to type it twice. The first install didn't finish. I did it again, without much hope, but this time it worked.

Jo-Anne

8. jc1carter829

jc1carter829 Registered Member

:argh: Hi, One question about full install and increments. How many fulls do you keep and the increments? where is a guide for the beginnnnerss? Just need a little guidance thanks for your help.

9. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

You mean full backups and increments. Since you're asking something that is different to the thread title, you should start a new thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.