Installing Paragon Drive Backup with Backup Capsule on Thinkpad PC ?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by JosephB, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosephB

JosephB Registered Member

I am planning on installing Paragon - Drive Backup Professional on my T61 PC (Win XP) which currently has "Lenovo - Rescue and Recovery" Backup and Recovery Pgm" (which also makes use of hidden partition and I think modified the MBR, when first installed, to allow F11 key access to it for Recovery purposes.

.... Now, If during the Paragon install I choose to have Paragon install its "Backup Capsule" which it installs as a hidden partition and allows access to it via pressing the F11 Key:

1. Will I have any issues if I leave the "Lenovo - Rescue and Recovery" Pgm on my PC which also makes use of a hidden partition which is accessable by pressing the Blue Thinkvantage Key ?
    ....So, Will there by any issues ? P.S. I think that when Paragon installs the "Backup Capsule" that it modifies the MBR on the hard drive.

2. How have others installed the Paragon Drive Backup Professional program on their Thinkpads which also have "Lenovo - Rescue and Recovery Pgm" on them o_O
    ... If yes, did you install Paragon with or without the "Backup Capsule" and left RnR on the Thinkpad PC ?

3. Or, have you Un-Installed "Lenovo Rescue and Recovery Pgm" first and then installed "Paragon Drive Backup Professional" ?
    ... If yes, did you install Paragon with or without the "Backup Capsule" ?

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

If you already have an F11 key press to get to the oem recovery options - installing the Paragon boot manger will probably mean you can't use the Lenovo F11 option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.