installing on another partition

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by okeeee, Jun 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. okeeee

okeeee Registered Member

I would like to install Acronis True Image 9 on another partition than the partition I boot from (win xp), is that possible? Will this work ok?

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Yes, but if you reinstall your system partition, you will lose your registry and unless you can restore it as it was after ATI had been installed, ATI will not work any more.

F

3. okeeee

okeeee Registered Member

What if Acronis True Image 9 is installed on another partition, I make a recovery-cd from partition I boot from (win xp), and uninstall Acronis True Image 9, will I still be able to use the recovery-cd?

4. foghorne

Yes. The Rescue CD is independent of any of other disk.

F

5. okeeee

okeeee Registered Member

So what you meant is that I can keep using the recovery-cd, even when uninstalling Acronis True Image 9 or it has been installed on another partition than partition which boots?

I can only not use Acronis True Image 9 anymore when it has been installed on another partition than partition which boots, and the partition I boot from has been formatted?

6. foghorne

Correct.

F

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.