installing nod32 v3 console with the 2.7 exchange server

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by threatac, May 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. threatac

threatac Registered Member

i'm new to the nod32 console but i was told that there is a problom with setting up the v3 console with the 2.7 exhcange server.
    could anyone explain me what can i do before i start.

also most of the computers in my domain run v2.7.
    i understood there is a way that i can upgrade them all throw the my server without the need to check every computer.

thanks in advence.

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello!

According to the official requirements , ESET Remote Administrator Console v2 cannot be installed on Microsoft Exchange . Simply it wasn't made to be installed on the mail server.

There is no public non-beta NOD32 v3 for MS Exchange . ESET do support v 2.7 (XMON) for Exchange. On your mail server you should keep Lan update version + XMON . Lan Update version (you may know) is the one that will run the Mirror option for clients with NOD32 v2.7

The way to upgrade all the computers to v3 is to create install packages from the Console and do a push installation to each workstation . Like new install . When the installer of v3 detects valid NOD32 2.7 already installed , it will first uninstall v2.7 , the install v3 and after reboot , v3 will start to work.
    More about creating packages and push installation can be found in the Manual:
    http://www.eset.com/download/ESET_ERA_User_Guide_EN_rew.pdf

Greetings :thumb:

3. threatac

so how do i uninstall 2.7 and keep the XMON and the lan?

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello !

You shouldn't uninstall anything . XMON is the component that handles the Exchange part . XMON is a component like AMON , DMON , IMON , ...etc...

Version 2.7 is in two versions -> Standart and LanUpdate . The Lan Update includes the functions of the Standart + Mirror option.

5. threatac

thanks alot...
    good day.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.