Installing NOD32 along with NSW 2003 ?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by SoCalReviews, Apr 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoCalReviews

SoCalReviews Registered Member

I have Norton SystemWorks 2003 installed on a number of machines. I like a few of the features in NSW 2003 that I use such as the registry cleanup and fix utility, web cleanup utilities, Norton Ghost and some others but I have all of the NSW active features disabled except for the antivirus. I have current subscriptions for NAV 2003 that run out in a few months and I am preparing to move all machines to another AV program, probably NOD32. I narrowed my choices down to CA EZ Antivirus r7, NOD32 and McAfee v10. I might have gone with McAfee but it uses quite a bit more system resources than I want for these computers and from past experience I remember that McAfee VirusScan conflicts with the NSW 2003 utility programs (a complete uninstall of NSW 2003 is required). After months of researching the different AVs it seems as though NOD32 has all the features I want including active pop email scanning and script scanning and it is much lower on system resources than most other AVs . I downloaded and installed the NOD32 trial version on another system that did not have NSW and I really liked it but I do not want to crash the other machines that have NSW by trying to install NOD32 if it is known to cause problems.

The question I have is if I can simply uninstall the Norton Antivirus 2003 part of NSW 2003 and then be able to install NOD32 without any problems. I have read that most people uninstall all of NSW along with the NAV program before installing NOD32 but if there is no known conflict I would like to keep the rest of NSW 2003 on those machines. I also use Norton WinFax Pro 10 which has installed certain files such as the Norton LiveUpdate program also. I am also using ZoneAlarm Pro ver.6.1.744.001 and Webroot SpySweeper 4.5 on those machines.

I would appreciate any advice from current or former NOD32 users about installing, uninstalling or known conflicts between NOD32 and NSW 2003 (after uninstalling NAV 2003) or with any of the security programs I mentioned. -Thank you in advance.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2006
  2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

3. SoCalReviews

SoCalReviews Registered Member

WSFuser, This is great news. Thank you for the information and the link. Just to be safe I will probably try it on one machine first and if all goes well and if NOD32 installs on that machine after doing the NAV 2003 uninstall the way Symantec says then I will be upgrading the rest of the computers. Thanks again !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.