Installing new version (3666)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jongie, Jun 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jongie

jongie Registered Member

My recollection of the FAQ's for this product was that you could install new versions over the old, and that's what I did with 3666. Now I see advice in this forum that the old version should have been uninstalled before installing 3666. So do I now need to uninstall the lot and start over?

Let's have some consistency here. I'm beginning to get bad vibes about this product.

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Easy way to find out - if you click on help/about and it says 3666 away you go! If on the other hand it still says whatever your old version was, then an uninstall and re-install will sort it out.

This is assuming that you didn't download the so called 3666 version within the first two hours or so of the build becoming available as Acronis had a bit of a whoopsy and had the wrong version available.

As to why some have found they needed to uninstall after the immediate previous version and others like myself had no problem I have no answer.

Note if your previous version of TI was earlier than 3625 then you will have to uninstall, as Acronis changed the install system at 3625

Colin

3. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

I have to disagree here. I just installed B3666 over B3567 and there were no issues. On the 23XX series of builds there were definitely issue where you had to uninstall first.

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

There seems to be a Serial Number recognition problem, which may well depend on whether you are updating an Upgrade version of the program or a Full Retail version. See Screenshot 1 in this <previous thread>.

Regards

5. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

I've installed B3666 over B3633 and B3567 and did not see this issue in either case. My original purchase was V9.0 B2247 so I'm not doing an upgrade from a previous version. Its obvious there is some problem here but apparently does not affect everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.