Installing Msi via SMS 2003

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by cassidy002001, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cassidy002001

cassidy002001 Registered Member

Hello, we recently used your rip and replace to create a msi that would uninstall symantec and then install ESET. I am trying to deploy this via SMS 2003. Everything looks like it runs normally, SMS kicks off the msi, the msi in the event viewer say it completes successfully it runs a whole 3 seconds but it never actually runs. Symantec is still on machine and ESET is not. Never get the the notification that it finds Symantec. When I run the msi from the run line pointing to my Sms server it does actually kick off and runs like it should. I run the following msiexec.exe /i "\\xyz\smspackages\NOD32\Rip_and_Replace\package.msi" /qn Any suggestions?

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Replied via Private Message.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. Browndog

Browndog Registered Member

My guess is you have already run the MSI and it already thinks it is installed. try running it with no switches. Did you create the MSI or use the one I provided? Please feel free to contact your sales engineer as I am sure we can quickly resolve this.

4. jmyhasuk

jmyhasuk Registered Member

I have the EXACT same problem as you, with the exception that I am using ESET Remote Administrator to push it out. Any suggestions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.