installing eset to winrar

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by JZiomek, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JZiomek

JZiomek Registered Member

I have to manually install eset into winrar to scan downloaded files which eset file do I use ?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello JZiomek,

Try this in Winrar. C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\ecls.exe

3. JZiomek

JZiomek Registered Member

Thank You

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

You're welcome JZiomek.

5. nikhil_spunky

nikhil_spunky Registered Member

what is the use and meaning of instaling eset to winraro_Oo_O

6. stratoc

stratoc Guest

yes! i was wondering that :doubt:

7. Temp Member

Temp Member Registered Member

The Winrar GUI has a Virus Scanner Button in it.

ESET does not auto integrate with it unlike any other AV that I have used.

8. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

WinRAR used to recognize v2, but not v3 or v4. That would be for WinRAR to fix, not ESET. Not that it really matters much anyway. If you extract an infected file, it would still be detected anyway by the file system protection in ESS or NOD32.

9. stratoc

stratoc Guest

"Not that it really matters much anyway. If you extract an infected file, it would still be detected anyway by the file system protection in ESS or NOD32."
    that was my point really!

10. Temp Member

If Winrar used to work with it then its down to ESS to fix it.

They seems good at breaking things that worked in older versions, look at the Windows Security Centre.

11. xxJackxx

Not the same thing. WinRAR has a built in list of recognized AV products, for convenience of the user. Then it has a user add option so you can browse to it yourself if WinRAR does not support it. It is not up to the AV vendors to register with WinRAR. WinZip dropped the virus scan button after version 10.0, so that just gives that much less credibility to the idea of needing it at all. It is a redundant function that WinRAR should also get rid of. It would just be simpler to right click on your archive file and select "Scan with ESET Smart Security" than it would be to worry about setting up a command line in an archive program that is just calling the same scanner.

12. Temp Member

That's also not accurate, very little changes in each Winrar build.

Only recent real change was a 64bit version but previous builds were the same with ESET.

Winrar worked with older versions of other AV's and still works on latest versions inc Beta's of other AV's (Kaspersky/Mc Afee/Norton etc).

IMO its ESET to blame and if you love ESET and cant see by them thats your choice/opinion but not mines.

When my Sub runs out in Jan 2010 it will be last I use this software.

13. xxJackxx

I know for a fact that it also does not work with Kaspersky or Outpost Security Suite as I also hold 3 users licenses for each of those. It did work with Norton back in the day but I haven't used that in 6 years. It does not work with AVG. You are correct, very little changes in each build of WinRAR, while security products change and evolve. I do not state this out of "love" for any product, but as a matter of fact. ESS is the only product I will be renewing at the end of the year due to it being the only one that is working correctly (for me) with Windows 7. I will not fault any product for not automatically being recognized by a file extractor. Again, I hope WinRAR removes this pointless option to eliminate the need for this to matter to anyone. Good luck on your magical quest to find an AV that is recognized by WinRAR. I'll keep what works for me. :thumb:

14. Temp Member

I am not renewing ESET due to all the issue you can read about on this very forum and the fact v4 is still a "buggy unfinished rushed for a show in Vegas" build, not for the Winrar issue which I could live with without any real issues.

So I have no clue how you came to the conclusion of above as I was only answering a peeps question above.

15. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Question was answered Post needs to be closed..

Just a epeen war going on now :mad:

16. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Fajo is correct. The original question has been successfully answered by ronjor, thus... this thread is closed.

JR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.