Installing ESET on new OS

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by sweetsonic, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweetsonic

sweetsonic Registered Member

Hello all,

I'm new here, not sure if this question has been asked before...

I'm going to be installing Windows 7 RC over my existing Windows XP and I'd like to know how, if possible, I can transfer the software to the new OS without paying for a new license. My understanding is that you only pay to protect one computer, but I'd like to know if there's a way to transfer service from one OS to another on the same hard drive.

Thanks

Aaron

2. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Your understanding is correct. Just install on the new OS and use the same Username and Password. I'm doing the same here swapping Hard drives with XP and Windows 7 RC. The license is per PC so even if you replace the PC you can move the license to the new PC, just as long as you don't use it on more PCs that your license allows at any one time.

3. sweetsonic

sweetsonic Registered Member

so how do i download it on the new Windows 7 after I've done the new install without paying again?

4. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

You should be able to download the latest version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus, uninstall the currently-installed version, upgrade your computer to the non-final test version of Microsoft Windows 7 and then install the latest version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus to the new operating system.

As PaulB2005 and Brambb noted, you will need to enter your Username and Password when you download the software again and once more during the installation process. If you purchased your software in North America, you can have your Username and Password sent to you via email by entering it into the form at http://www.eset.com/support/lost_license.php. Otherwise, please contact the distributor in the country from which you made your purchase.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.