Installing ESET on MAC and Linux with XML definitions

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by Adramalech, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adramalech

Adramalech Registered Member

Hi,

How do you install ESET EAV on the two OS using xml definitions? I was unable to find any hints using the web or the KB.

Thanks

2. TyeF

TyeF Former Eset Moderator

Hello,

A default primary clients policy is assigned to clients during their initial installation.

Using ESET Remote Administrator(ERA) 4.0, you can use the Group Management feature (Tools > Group Manager or CTRL+G),
    and assign Parametric Groups to your specific Mac OS X and/or Linux clients. Client stations are dynamically assigned to a certain parametric group when the group's conditions are met. You can edit the specific policies using the Policy Manager feature (Tools > Policy Manager or CTRL+Shift+P).

Additional information can be found in the ESET Remote Administrator 4 User Guide (page 49).

3. Adramalech

Adramalech Registered Member

Hi,

Thanks, I was aware about this possibility but it's not quite what I was looking for.
    I want to hand over a complete package without someone being able to make mistakes, i.e. that's what I did with the windows version.
    I created an SFX package with an xml inside and mxi command line arguments.

So judging from your responce this is not yet possible, right?

cheers

4. TyeF

TyeF Former Eset Moderator

Hello,

Unfortunately, currently there is no feature to allow installation of a preconfigured installation package. As stated previously, once the client has been installed, you can assign a pre-configured policy via ESET Remote Administrator.

Another option is to use a third-party program that allows for editing of the package (.pkg file) and adding your pre-configured xml.

5. Megachip

Megachip Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.